News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

swedge rods

Started by len, 2013-01-26 05:16

Previous topic - Next topic

len

anyone have part numbers for the swedge rods that are used when using a cavalier rack and pinion??i cant find any local and dont want to order em till i know they are gonna be correct. the part number of the tie rod ends i was given turn out to be 65 to 68 ford car and these ends fit my 77 t bird spindles just fine but dont know which rods to order that these tie rod ends will thread into..also as i make the plate that bolts into the center of the rack where the hyme joints bolt to is there not some sort of seal that goes in there cause the original cavalier tie rods have seals on the end where they bolt to the rack.how do i solve this problem.as it stands am not having a lot of problems making my own rack set up.as i figure out all the details will post em cause the cost of this setup is only gonna be maybe 300.00 at most.i know there are guys on here selling this swap and i sure dont want to step on anyones toes sosorry to you fellas.len

gasman826

There are several suppliers of swedge rods.  It's more of a size thing rather than a part number.  Assuming that the tie rod ends and the heims joints are 5/8" thread, you just measure the length needed.  Your are make a custom part.  You need to mock it up with the front tires correctly toed and measure.  No easy answer.

len

i think it was you gasman that gaVE ME THE NUMBERS ON THE TIE ROD ENDS. I LIVE IN LETHBRIDGE ALBERTA. POPULATION 85,000.CANT BELIEVE I CANT FIND SWEDGE RODS HERE IN TOWN. MANY THANKS. THIS RACK SWAP REALLY ISNT GIVING ME MUCH GRIEF BUT NOT DONE YET. I WUSH I WAS COMPUTOR SMART ENOUGH TO POST PICS OF MY RANCHERO IN PROGRESS BUT FOR ME TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT WOULD RUIN A NICE DAY. WILL TRY TO FIND SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR ME.THANKS AGAIN.LEN

gasman826

got mine from Speedway Motors...speedwaymotors.com