News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

MELTDOWN DRAGS BYRON IL.

Started by 6cyl57, 2013-02-20 11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

suede57ford

That is the type of event I want to start racing my black supercharged 57 sedan in.  I am putting a set of mummers aluminum heads and larger cam in my stroker Y-Block right now.  I'm planning on painting the whole engine red to cover up the new lightweight parts.  I'm going to have some modifications to my large Baer brakes in order to get some vintage 15" Americans on it.  They require everything on the exterior to look vintage, that is why they need a picture beforehand.

It may be too far away for me to make the trip, with two kids under 2 years at the moment.

I'm getting my car ready for the Lonestar Roundup in Austin in April.  No racing, but lots of vintage stuff. 

I know Jerry Christensen and some other Y-Blockers got some great press last year.

If anybody has a Vintage Ford or Y-block should try to go.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

6cyl57

Yes sir. Texas would be a long road trip. I think there may have been a few last year
from Texas. I know one came from Canada, I think he said it was only a 16 + hr trip..

I can understand the kids at that age are expensive. They tell me it gets cheaper as they get older.
One is 16 other is 18, so.. how old ? when it it gets cheaper :001:
Sure would like to see the Black supercharged one here.
This really is a 3 day car show , cruise in, race, with bands and everyone getting along

There is some talk about a possibly 2nd event in the fall.

57 Ford Kustom

6Cyl,
   They get cheaper when they move out, get married, and or get their own jobs! Trust me I have four! :003:
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.