News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

thought for the day

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-23 11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It's mostly the digging and trenching back to the gas meter..and I particularly don't want to do that in the winter. The gas line to the house actually runs within 3 feet of where I would install the garage furnace, but the plumber I talked to said the second run  needed to be (or should be) connected at the meter...that's another 30 feet of trenching. I've done the black iron runs before, but I'm not familiar with the new yellow gas line materials. Oh well, by the time I could get it in, I'll be worrying about air conditioning.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-02-24 01:55
What ever happened to the days when the gas company would install the line for free so that they would have a new customer?
Jay
They went the same route as the phone companies, remember getting a free phone line and a telephone too..

In a wind storm a neighbors tree branch took out my cable. After waiting five days I see the cable truck pull up and go out to greet the guy. The guy looks at his work order and says it's not for my house but for a new service across the street. WTF! they can't wait to suck up more money from a new account and the hell with an old customer who has been paying for years?

Sorry for venting, but I'm still pissed..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Page 7, post 131
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8666880&postcount=131

See what is says there in the red band at the top?
Apparently It doesn't work here but in HAMB & some other sites if you click on the post number you will get linked to 'View Single Post' & a link to the thread is over on the top right.

And your pic.

The only only Cabriolet I see in post 39 there is this one & you can't see much of it. I'm not even sure that is a '32 dash.
Could be a '30 ? '31 A.      Green?

Just scanned thru it pretty fast but there were some damn nice rods in that thread.  Haven't looked at the others.  Yet.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-02-23 13:24
I need to figure out how to transfer links efficiently anyways...always takes me 3 or 4 tries different ways to get it done.
Don/t know why you have trouble with that  It's just a copy & paste thing. If I right click the URL it highlights.  Then click 'copy' in the drop down & paste it in the post. 

I wish somebody could tell me what I can do when I compose this stuff on my email & then paste it into my posts or replies to keep all my apostrophes from turning it to question marks when posted!

RICH MUISE

The only way I've been able to copy url's from one site to another is to have one internet opened and then minimized while I open a second internet conection...not just seperate tabs. I even tried adding the links to my favorites list, and copying from there..it wouldn't
That's not the one...I'm not even sure that's a cabriolet...I think it's in the same post though more of a metalic brighter green.I'll find a link to the car I was talking about.
We got a blizzard going on here this morning..nothing at 1 am when I went to bed...woke up to about 8" already..the winds blowing it all around..some areas bare..others getting alot of drifts. I got to make my way around to the front door from the back cause I can't open it. Most of the roofs cleared by the wind except my garage that won't handle a real heavy load...I'm just in restin for a bit..told my wife I gotta get the front door cleared so the paramedics will be able to come in when I have a freakin heart attack.

RICH MUISE

Tom..what a mess I made...glad you brought my Hamb post on the '32 up, cause I just went back to find the pic I was looking at and realized I had that whole thing screwed up. The car I thought could have been mine is actually in post #38. It's a real poor back shot of a car that may or may not be a 32, and could be a roaster or cabriolet. When I saw all the remarks made by another member about the "green 32 Cabriolet in post 39", I somehow got the post #'s screwed up and thought he was referencing this one..

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-02-25 09:01
The only way I've been able to copy url's from one site to another is to have one internet opened and then minimized while I open a second internet conection...not just seperate tabs.
A second internet connection?  You mean a second window?  It does work from a 2nd tab too. 
I usually have several different windows opened to different sites or different threads on those sites.  Except for the one I am reading they are all minimized.
You can copy the url's to an email & then copy them to a post.  That's what I do.  Compose most all of my posts in an email first anyway.
As much as you post here I thought you would have this stuff down.  ;)