News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

We had a heat wave today

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-02-28 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Rich
   So that happens to other people also??   I thought that I was the only one that had the market cornered on typing out a long post and in the blink of the eye it just vanishes.
    We are looking forward to hearing about your trip to the land of bright sunshine.  Jay

RICH MUISE

I'm going to type short posts in case I lose them. Jay...I'm not a big seafood eater, but I'd give my left arm for a platter of New England style clams. Did several upholstery supply shops today, Socal speed shop, and a few classic car lots. I did find some Heim joints that I think will get the noise out of my wiper arm setup.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

That one zipped right on. I talked to alot of guys at the 3 shows I went to on Saturday. Only one '57 there...a top notch Ranchero that the owner had built for him. The car originaly belonged to his gradfather. Got some pics...I'll post them when I get back to Texas. He hopefully will be joining our forumn..wasn't aware of this one or John Gambil's site. Always nice to be able to pass on this forumn to '57 owners who weren't aware.
I spent some time giving some '57 background info..sources, problem areas, etc.
I've been showing pics of Lorne (laudy57)'s car around alot. I found 3 people Saturday who had seen the car, but no info. One guy even pointed to a lady who sposors shows, but she didn't know anything about it...I'm holding onto some hope of somebody at the Goodguys show Friday that might know something.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE
I'd give my left arm for a platter of New England style clams.
/quote]

Rich
   When you come out here to visit your family we will go to this old fashioned drive in diner  for clams. This one is still in business since the old days and they fill the place up on cruise nights in the summer.  It's only 20 ninutes from my house.  Jay

RICH MUISE

Clams and a cruise-in too. AWESOME. Is that your roadster with the top down?

Ecode70D

Second from the right is my third or fourth convertible I built. The deluxe 40 all the way to the right next to my convertible is the 40 that I was working on for a customer at the time. I bought it from him about 10 years later just before he died.  I still have it.