News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

it's finally all here

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2007-11-05 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after 8 months of waiting , bitch'n ,  and making phone calls and writing letters and e-mail the final package of hoses finally showed up today. your wondering what the hell i'm talking about aren't ya, lol. my wurth-it rack and pinion kit.
  when i originally got the kit here , it was missing 1/2 the parts. from what we're told , mr. wurth had a heart attack that put him back even farther then he was before , so over the last 2 months it came alittle at a time till the final package showed up this morning.
i'm happier then a hog in a fresh mud hole.

KidKourier

wolfpupsdad,  Keep us informed on the Wurth-it rack, pictures, ease of installation, problems,and how it handles after,and how it compares to what you have now. I'm about ready to order one for my Courier and would like to see how you like it and would you recommend it. I've been on the fence with the discussion on the Wurth-it-Rack vs. GearHead 605 adapter kit. At the moment I'm running a Taurus rack with power steering ,it handles like a 59 caddy with no shocks up front and I can turn a tighter circle with my F-150! I talk with Rick after his heart attack and back from Denver with his wife, he said the Dr. told him to go slow so he's filling orders as time allows but promises to fill all orders just bear with him. So let us know how it works on your wagon. Oh,about your wagon,I was talking to Bob (?) at Back In Time Classics about buying it but he said he had some one local he was working with but if it didn't work out: Congrats on your wagon! Looking at the pictures on the site it looked nice, how was it up close? I thought I read somewhere that you were going to make some changes to it,like to see some photos on progress if you get the time. Well I see I reached my 250 word limit (LOL).  Thnks for your time.  "SKIP" :006:

bagboy

Iv'e had both[gearheads /wurth].Rack goes in eazy,drives good .Rick Wurth has had a bad time of it-but,he is a good man.I also have pictures of workmanship that gearheads sells,real joke  LOL.

wolfpupsdad

skip, just for starters, paid alil tomuch for the car to start off with but the price was still in the ball park for what i got, and it is a rust free car. came out of arizona.
the car was originally built some time back in the early 70's i'm sure with the uphostery scheme(tuck and roll ) back in time classics added the front disc brakes and did a ok job of it.
paint needs to be redone along with the interior , wife and i plan on completely redoningthe car to suit us. not to many of the ranch wagons runing around. and certainly not over here in these parts.
it has a 390 4 speed in it now and would like to change it for a 406 tri power motor. will ya'll posted on the progress of the project.
  bill