News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radio reception

Started by BWhitmore, 2013-03-24 00:09

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

I recently installed a rebuilt stock radio in my Ranchero.  The radio was hooked up with a 7 1/2 amp fuse to the ignition switch and the light wire to the headlight switch.  The radio is well grounded through the back strap bolted to the back of the radio with the other end to the dash.  The radio is also bolted o the bracket on the side.  The speaker is new as is the speaker wire and the antenna is new with the antenna cable securely plugged into the radio.  When I turn the radio on (key on) the radio  and all of the tubes glow but no sound. 

I pulled the aerial cable from the radio and stuck in a coat hanger as the aerial and got good sound.  I checked the ground of the aerial and it is grounded (checked with a continuity tester).  I also checked the continuity of the aerial cable to the aerial mast and it is OK. 

Any suggestions?  I am stumped.  Thanks

Mark

I had to replace mine. Check the cable end to end and not just the at the ends, mine was messed up at the mast and the middle where it had rubbed. When I tried another antenna plugged in it was fine so I was sure it was the cable.

BWhitmore

Mark - thanks for the advice.  I will replace the aerial and let you know.