News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

heater blower motor removal

Started by slo poke, 2013-04-05 07:36

Previous topic - Next topic

slo poke

Does anyone know how to remove heater blower motor with dealer installed re-circulating heater? thanks in advance for any help

RICH MUISE

Slo poke..not sure why you're not getting a response on this. I took mine out so long ago I don't remember how it came out. I'm not remembering any particular difficulties, so it's probably just a hunt for what's holding it in. LOL...Not much help, but better than being totally ignored on one of your first posts.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

slo poke

Thanks Rich. I think I figured out how to remove it. Next problem is finding a new blower motor. I live just south of Detroit and this time of year a heater is a beautiful thing.

gasman826

There's one on eBay located in Howell.  Doesn't say factory or dealer installed.  I have a couple of used factory installed ones.

sprink88

There is a difference between factory and dealer installed?
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Sprink...we've had a few old threads going on this. Yes, there is a difference. The heater that was factory installed used outside air, and thus also used the large hole in the top cowl area to get that air. The dealer installed heaters only recirculated the cabin air, and only used the large bottom hole in the firewall, with a plate covering the unused hole in the cowl area (above the rib)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Dug out the blower motors.  One was fried and the other was pretty noisy.  But bother of these were OEM/factory installed heaters.  All my dealer installed stuff sold fast and a long time ago.  Those heaters fit about anything with a flat mounting surface.  Bolt them on, run 12v, and heater hoses and you got heat.  Work great in pickups or tractor cabs.

slo poke

Going to try napa store. I think they can beat the price of concours. From what I can tell it is the same motor as factory Installed heater.  Thanks.