News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom art

Started by strick, 2013-04-15 16:07

Previous topic - Next topic

strick

Hey guys, go to www.hotrodartist.com. Parry Johnson, a very good auto artist has just released the art work of a 57 Custom using my 57 as a reference! It really looks great- 11 X 14 only $14,95 plus shipping. He also has a cool 57 Ranchero and tons of others!

sprink88

That is a sharp piece of art!
~Chris

Zapato

Is that a picture or a painting?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Strick...great photo...great car (yours I mean). Give me some detailed info on your wheels, suspension, and stance if you would. Thanks
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

He does some pretty neat stuff, he's here in Oregon on the coast in a little beach town named Florence where they also have a pretty cool cruise in during the summer. 

strick

It is a painting. The artist, Parry Johnson, tells me he came from a long line of Ford people. His Father and Brothers had 57-58 and 59 Fords, He is also going to do this in red and blue. Again if you go to his web site, www.hotrodartist.com you can find it and others.

I purchased my car from Sim Larkin of Lubbock, Tx last fall. It is on 17" Eagle alloys. It is not as low as the art work shows! I am continuing to improve on the car, now painting the dash and interior trim from black back to the gray, I have re chromed the bumpers, removed the uprights etc.

The attached picture is setting in front of my best Friends shop near Grimes, Iowa.

strick

P.S.-- Parry says " I'm working on blue, red and white versions next. Then I'm doing the 300, Fairlanes and the reanch wagon. Believe it or not the '57 Ford is the first car I learned how to draw back in the eraly sixities. My dad and Brothers all had 57-58-59 Fords and those were the only cars I knew how to draw for many years!"
Hats off to another Ford Family!!!!

My '57 Has earned the title of "Thumpr" and nears that on the Iowa license plate.

RICH MUISE

Strick.. not to change the subject of this thread, but..."It is on 17" Eagle alloys"...LOL...you ain't getting off that easy!
Wheel width? backspacing? tire sizes? is the car lowered in the back? is it tubbed, or axels shortened for more tire clearance?
Do you have a pic of it on a level surface showing the stance? I sure like the looks it.

strick

245/45/17 front-- 255/60/17 rear. Slight tub, and yes lowered. 351W, roller cam, JR intake, Quick Fuel carb, alum heads, MSD--Tremec 5 speed manual. Granada spindles, P disc brake set up, '58 style steering box. Picture on the level attrached. Pat Fleischman and Sim Larkin did the work on this. I had a 2dr Custom back in 1966, my 1st car when I was 16 and my wife was---well the neighbor girl! Ours was med blue and white. This one was born black and white. I have not decided on a color yet, want to drive it this summer and get the bugs worked out. Also installing new gauges and gauge insert, I have remove the trunk lock, welding that in and installing a remote unit. I also have a done---IF there is such a thing, '56 F100 Big Back Window.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info. I was sure hoping you were gonna tell me it wasn't tubbed. Glad to hear you're not leaving the suede finish..looks ok, just would look awesome with some shine!

Jeff Norwell

Great 57 strick..and the art is very well done too.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

strick

Thank you! I see he has now added a white one on eBay