News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ranchero

Started by whisper38, 2013-07-03 19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

holes=contraband storage
For some more pics, go to members rides and check out the thread by Limey. Not sure if it's got what you're looking for, but lots of rebuilding pics there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CableguyJJS3

Contraband storage you say.....I should have known. Ford must have been trying to help out the moonshiners even in 57!!
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

57chero

Those cutouts are still a mystery to me some had them and some didn't , my ranchero doesn't. 

whisper38

well in mine the guy had had cut off the part of the support leg's and tried to screw on a piece of tin behind them.

RICH MUISE

Clarence...your pedal rod is in the mail. They said maybe wednsday. As I mentioned before, please wait til you get it before making a donation....that way I don't have a problem if it gets lost in the mail.
Rich

whisper38

Rich
Ok I'll keep my eyes out for it.Thanks

CableguyJJS3

Yikes that is gnarly, wow. I thought I did bad when I discovered my "rust repaired car" was really repaired with what looks to be pieces cut out of an old aluminum truck cap for new floor boards. That was a fun discovery I can assure you there. Good luck with that hope the metal man can clean that up for you though.
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

whisper38

:iamwithstupid: Well after a week I went and picked up my ranchero from the garage,needless to say he didn't replace the metal behind the seat,he used bondo mixed with fiberglass,looks like crap,still leaks.unforuntely i had already paid this guy,and it still leaks,I can't afford to put in my new front and rear floor pans with this still leaking,I wished someone sold a reproduction of the metal piece,or just a large patch panel.

RICH MUISE

well I guess that explains how you got it done so fast....he probably doesn't have a backlog of customers. That really sucks..
Are you sure he didn't just use filler to smooth over his sheetmetal work? That's common, but to put bondo over rust is a total waste of time.

whisper38

He didn't even replace any sheetmetal,and its looks real bad,I'll post some pictures tomorrow.if I could find a front bed panel for any truck that at least 58" wide I would do it myself,I got wrecked 1986 ranger here front panel good but its not wide enough.