News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A photo please

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-05-04 17:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Would someone please post a picture of a 57 2 Door station wagon.  I think it's called a Delrio or something like that but i'm not sure.  I just bought one and it is all apart.  I'm pretty sure that I have most of the parts, but you know how these things work out.  We only think we have what we need.  I already have the parts here at my shop.  There were three  pick up trucks full of stuff.   Those 2dr 57s just look real Kool.  I must be crazy getting another car.  My 2dr custom isn't even finished yet.   (I'm still block sanding that one).

I'm especially concerned with how the back seat hardware that the  fold up and down panels look when in place.  Can't think of any other way to describe it.

I'll pick up the rolling chassis and the bare body in about two weeks.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance on this.   Jay

rmk57

Google 1957 Del rio wagon and search images, tons of them to look at.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

Quote from: rmk57 link
Google 1957 Del rio wagon and search images, tons of them to look at.
/quote]

RMK57
     Google full is full of them.  How come I didn't think of that?  So now I have concluded that I must have a cheap one with the SS strips on the quarter panels only.   There was even a picture of one from the rear with the tail gate open and I got an idea of how those folding panels are supposed to look when they are in place.
Jay

rmk57

I think the basic 2 door wagon was called a Ranch wagon. I'd take either style, they both look great. Post some pics, lets see what you got. 

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

Randy
     It will be a while before I can post some pictures.   All I have at the moment is a pile of parts minus the rolling frame and body.  The complete car was delivered to my shop about 10-15 years ago and I was  holding it for the person that had just bought it.  It appears that he just  took it apart into pieces. The big thing that is bothering me is  that folding arrangement that holds the back seat in place and it appears that the back seat folds up and down.  I'm just trying to get a head start on thinking about it.  When  I pick up the rest of the car, most likely it will be obvious and I should be able to figure it out.
     The rest of the car will be a walk in the park putting it back together. I've done enough of them. The 2dr wagon is new to me.
     Fifty sevens are a sickness.
Jay   

BWhitmore

ECode - if you need a frame for your wagon and live in or want to travel to So California I have a great frame for FREE. 

Ecode70D

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2013-05-04 21:46
ECode - if you need a frame for your wagon and live in or want to travel to So California I have a great frame for FREE.

Thank You.... That is very kind of you.  We sure do have some nice/wonderful people on this forum. The truth of the matter is that I didn't  spend much time looking at the frame when I bought it.  I did check to see if the 9" rear end was still in it though. The body and frame were in a separate location from the parts that were stripped off of it.  It's like I'm on a mission that I have to save this car.  When they get taken apart and stored in different places, that is usually the end of them.  Jay

PS   WOW!!!   Tom S is going to be proud of me.  I actually got the quote thing right for a change.

Frankenstein57

Jay , that's great news, I always wanted to do a wagon. I'd put a FE 390 or 428 in it, mod up the suspension and do it slow & low, Mark

sprink88

I 428 is not low and slow. More like low and haulin ass! lol
~Chris