News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

sprink88's car ?

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-05-20 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

Sprink - you might want to do a little research about the bumper jack in your trunk.  It resembles a 57 TBird jack and might be worth some $$.

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink, from the rear of the front wheel well it is 5", to the front of the rear wheel well I am at 7.5" these measurements are to the bottom of the rocker. My Dad's rule of thumb for the bight of his cars was, with lake pipes a pack of smokes must clear, side ways that is! We have some rough roads out here, so anything lower and you would leave parts on the road! Lol! Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

I would have really liked your dad! We have always talked about using the pack of smokes. lol

BWhitmore, Do you think so? I may have thrown it away! Now I have to check!
~Chris

BWhitmore

The hook on the jack sure resembles the hook used on a 57 Bird.  I have seen them go for $350+ on Ebay.  Check out an Ebay seller TBirdbobbie.  I know he has sold several 57 TBird jacks. 

Good Luck. Bill

Tom S

Quote from: sprink88 on 2013-05-21 21:30... My buds are trying to talk me out of lacing the top ...
Am I the only guy here that's not sure what you mean by "lacing the top".  Hope you don't mean one of those lace paint jobs like we used to see a lot of on vans.       

sprink88

Bill. I will have to dig around and check it out. Thanks for that info.

Tom, I think your right. Where you stretch the lace over and spray a flat pattern over it.

The was kind of going for and old school kind of cruiser
~Chris

Ford Blue blood

Really not so much "old sckool", mostly the 70s.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-05-24 08:57
Really not so much "old sckool", mostly the 70s.......
Yup.  I like it much better just the way it is, the classic & beautiful solid black.  My favorite.

sprink88

I am still not 100% on the lace, but low is how it is gonna roll
~Chris

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S
Yup.  I like it much better just the way it is, the classic & beautiful solid black.  My favorite.
/quote]

I agree 100% with Tom. 
Jay