News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

oil/deflector shieds

Started by hiball3985, 2013-05-28 18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

While changing rocker assemblies the other day for the 1:54 ratio's I noticed that there were no oil drip/deflector shields, sorry I don't the correct name for the part. I found some in one of my boxes of extra parts. I noticed the engine I got from Bill didn't have them either. So why do some have them and some don't? Was that changed over the years or did people just forget to put them on?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lowrider

hiball3985

OK, let me ask, where they on earlier engines and then eliminated at some point in time or were they added as a revision on later engines? Now I'm not sure if they are worth adding or not.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Hoosier Hurricane

They were used until mid '56, then disappeared.  My guess is they were found unneeded and deleted to cut costs.  John

lowrider

Another thing that was eliminated was the little "tray" that funneled oil to the timing gears & chain on the front of the engine.

hiball3985

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2013-05-30 08:33
They were used until mid '56, then disappeared.  My guess is they were found unneeded and deleted to cut costs.  John
Thank you, that's what I wanted to know.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang