News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk lock broke

Started by 6cyl57, 2013-06-03 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

6cyl57

looking for a little info.
The key just turns and turns, but wont unlatch. You can hear what sounds
like gears turning. I haven't looked into yet, but can I get to the trunk by
taking the back seat out
thanks.

rmk57

I had that happen once. It wasn't the lock it was the rod that goes to the latch, it had come off.
I has to remove the back seat and crawl in through the trunk. Lucky I'm pretty slim.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

6cyl57

thanks , thats better news than I expected.

JimNolan

Tell you what to do if you're big and fat. You can get a broom handle and tape a small metal hook on the end of it. Insert broom stick through hole in back seat and insert hook though rod hook on release. Jerk to unlock. Worked for me and I didn't get stuck in opening. I put a bunch of 3/8" extensions together and took the locking mechanism off the trunk lid to get into a 63 Galaxie also. Big fat people have to improvise. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

There's plenty of room for an average size person...or kids... to get in there. Bring a flashlight with you. If I remember correctly, there is a cast piece that connects the lock cylinder to the latch release. That's what broke on mine. I just tied some clothesline to the release and up to the passenger compartment til I got it fixed. LOL. never did get it fixed. I removed the lock mechanism and welded the holes before I painted. Gonna either electify it or run a cable.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

6cyl57

Quote from: rmk57 on 2013-06-03 17:54
I had that happen once. It wasn't the lock it was the rod that goes to the latch, it had come off.
I has to remove the back seat and crawl in through the trunk. Lucky I'm pretty slim.

Randy

this what happened to mine .. fixed it .
thanks everyone

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JimNolan on 2013-06-03 18:24
Tell you what to do if you're big and fat. You can get a broom handle and tape a small metal hook on the end of it. Insert broom stick through hole in back seat and insert hook though rod hook on release. Jerk to unlock. Worked for me and I didn't get stuck in opening. I put a bunch of 3/8" extensions together and took the locking mechanism off the trunk lid to get into a 63 Galaxie also. Big fat people have to improvise. Jim

Ha ha ha ...You make me Laff Jim.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com