News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bench seat for '57 Ranch Wagon

Started by Ron, 2007-11-22 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Hi:  I need a correct bench seat for my 1957 Ranch Wagon.  Does anyone know if bench seats out of other model '57s are interchangeable with the Ranch Wagon?  And any idea where best to start looking?  I'm in southern California.  Many thanks, Ron

meteor

I'm using the bench seat from my 57 ranchero in my ranch wagon - I can only assume it's the same as the cars are so alike.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

KidKourier

Ron, Try www.kolars1957fordparts.com on the web! Ask Bud if he has bench seats left as he had several. He's up in Hesperia off the 15 freeway. SKIP

custom300fe

I may be wrong but I think there are three different front Bench seats for the Custom series cars. The first for 2 door cars and wagons has a folding split back. The one for Rancheros has a one piece folding back and the one for 4 door cars and wagons has a non folding back.

Gerry

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

JPotter57

Thats what I was thinking also, Gerry...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Ron:

I may be wrong, but wouldn't the bench seat from any 57 2-door, except the Ranchero work?  I believe the Fairlanes, etc. are all the same width and probably fit the floor pan mounts the same.  Glide Engineering also makes a nice bench seat that can have a center arm rest in it , provided you aren't looking for stock.

Bob
57AGIN

JPotter57

They should Bob.  What Gerry was referring to in Custom series seats is the backs and upholstery.  I believe there is a neat looking little cutout in the center of the front seats on the Fairlane series seats, sort of like the rear, except without the chrome.  Otherise, the base and tracks should bolt right in, no problem.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Hoosier Hurricane

My Ranchero has the split back seat.  I am the second owner, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been changed.  I have a Ranchero book that shows a restored one with the split back.  Again, no guarantee it hasn't been switched.  Also, I couldn't find a pic, but I believe the Fairlane does have the dip in the center as mentioned above.  FWIW.   John

briney

Ron,

My Ranchero is/was pretty original when i got it and it has a split seat too.

I could have depended where and exactly when it was produced.

Who knows for sure what is right.  I know some assembly plants had slight differences in other items too, like bumper holes, knock out plates etc...

Patrick / Dallas TX  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

shopratwoody

My Ranchero came with a split bench, just not as fancy as the Fairlanes....
I've had probably 5 at least and all had split seat
Ron :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

fomocochoptop

I have never seen a Ranchero with a solid back fold-down except for on newer style rancheros like 70's era.  Maybe some on used a seat of an early Ford Trucks perhaps.

Hoosier Hurricane

I read the text of my Ranchero book, it stated that the Ranchero used the same interior as the Ranch Wagon, the Ranchero Custom used the same interior as the Del Rio.  Also, there was a copy of a factory brochure, and close inspection shows an individual contrasting panel in the driver's backrest that clearly does not go all across the seat.  Can't definetely see the line between the backrests though.     John

custom300fe

I am wondering now if this was a Canadian thing. I have seen 1 Ford and 2 Meteor Rancheros up here that had the solid seat back.
Maybe Matt can let us know what his has, or had.

Gerry

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

meteor

Hey Guys, my Meteor Ranchero has the split bench seat. It seemed to be original but who really knows...

Okay, here's what I've gathered looking at my shop manual and a couple of sales brochures - the Ranch Wagon shared the same front split bench seat with the following (maybe others, but these for sure);

1. 63B Fairlane Club Victoria
2. 64A Fairlane Club Sedan
3. 70A Custom Tudor Sedan
4. 70B Custom 300 Tudor Sedan
5. 70D Custom Business Tudor

There was no mention of the Ranchero seat. However, I also dug up a photocopied leaflet on the Meteor Sedan Delivery and Meteor Ranchero (sent to me by Ford Canada), it shows a photo of the Ranchero with the split bench seat - The spare tire was stored behind the passenger side so I guess it made sense to have a split seat.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com