News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Good Guys in Des Moines

Started by strick, 2013-07-08 08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

strick

The Good Guys car show was here in Des Moines, Iowa this past weekend, Fri- Sunday. The show set a new record with just over 4000 cars here. The weather was perfect and if you have never been to the Iowa State Fairgrounds where this is held, it has a lot of shade and was a very good time, lots of vendors etc. I saw several very nice '57's- at least three were from Minnesota, I'd guess a dozen total including a couple real cool wagons! It is here every 4th of July, put that on your calendar of things to do next year!~ Our '57- "Thumpr" is in the body shop so I drove the '56 F100 this year.

GaryI72

That's one heck of a turn out. 
I would think that'd be a two day event to see all of the cars.

strick

Yes, I was there all 3 days!  A small piece of heaven- this '57 wagon was from Nebraska!
Alan

RICH MUISE

Really nice wagon, love the color.
I sure hate seeing cars like that Camaro/Firebird parked next to it at these shows.
RedWhiteRed just pm'd me reminding me of the upcoming show in Salina, Ks. Oddly enough I was just talking to a local car guy here, and he mentioned he was going up to it. Don't know if I'll be able to make it or not..July 25-28 I believe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

strick

Yes, Good Guys is open to 1972 year cars now. U park where you can find  a place!