News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Glass

Started by wighty, 2014-02-03 11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

wighty

Can any of you point me to the best place to buy new side glass for my 57 Custom 300 2 door?  I have heard of Auto City Classic in Minesoto and Bobs Classi Auto Glass in Oregon. There is a big difference in price, so  wonder about the quality.

57 Ford Kustom

Wighty,
   There is a glass guy who advertises on the hamb, his name is Chris 1-406-690-6467. He has green, gray, clear, and bronze glass all the same price! Give him a call and let us know on the site if he is a viable option.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

If you have glass currently any good local glass shop can cut you what ever you need.  The glass is flat and glass shops have sheets of laminate glass in various thicknesses and can duplicate yours in just about any tint you want.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

Good point FBb!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

gasman826

Shop around locally.  Many are expense but cheaper without the shipping.  I shopped until I found one that cut the glass and installed the vent windows for less then the online quotes without the shipping.

Contibob

Try frpartsstore.com. They make flat glass with or without logo. I didn't think their prices were bad, especially with correct logo in glass

Wirenut

I shopped locally and all 6 pieces for my 500 was 265.00 plus tax. I checked with Vintage Glass in Florida and got all of my side glass with shipping and smoke tinting for 225.00. I had to wait almost 3 weeks but I was not in a hurry. The only problem I had is there customer relations is very unprofessional. The site listed 2 weeks and when I called to check on the order on the 3rd week the lady answering said I needed to talk to Doug, I called Doug and he acted as if it was a bother and told me to go to the website and check status, I could not access that was why I called them. I had the impression they were working out of their garage and almost cancelled and give them my 2 cents worth. In that respect I hate to recommend them but as far as price and the glass I am happy with the end result..

JPotter57

My dad bought the side glass from Classic City, he is happy with it.  He got the smoked glass, and had it brought to a local big show they were attending.  No shipping, plus he paid online, no sales tax.  Good deal all the way around.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.