News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Transmission Fluid

Started by JimNolan, 2013-08-05 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   I don't know how many of you run Tremec transmissions but when I first got mine I ran the AMSOIL Manual Syncromesh Transmission Oil. I was pleased with it and had no problems. After I built my new engine I decided to run Dextron II as there was a lot of positive conversation about running that oil. I've put approximately 3K miles on this new engine and a couple of Drag Strip outings on the car and I thought I'd take a look at the transmission fluid. I hadn't had shifting problems or noises but when I dumped it out it was brown. It didn't smell but I just didn't like the looks of it. I'm going back to AMSOIL even if it is hard to find. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Jeff Norwell

Jim... in my other Hotrod...I run a Doug Nash 5 speed...I use Royal Purple product and never had an issue...Maybe Apples n Oranges.. but It rows thru the gears very well and seems to perform excellent.I beat it HARD.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

I'm with Jeff on this one!  Used Royal Purple in the T-5 I put in my 66 Falcon Ranchero and never had an issue.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

4banger

I used the GM or the Delco manual synthetic fluid. Amber color. Can handle very high temps. Life time fluid.  But at $ 17.00 @ quart. Don't know yet if it is any good. It is recommended by Tremec so I ran with it.

gasman826

Quote from: 4banger on 2013-08-07 09:43
I used the GM or the Delco manual synthetic fluid. Amber color. Can handle very high temps. Life time fluid.  But at $ 17.00 @ quart. Don't know yet if it is any good. It is recommended by Tremec so I ran with it.
Same thing.  Tremec recommended for TKO600 in the instructions in the box.

4banger

Summit sells the Delco fluid for $9.00 a QT.