News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Moment of silence, guys..

Started by JPotter57, 2013-08-11 20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Ron (shopratwoody) would have been 72 today...Rest in peace, my friend...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Seems like Ron had a very interesting life. The last year or so apparently was pretty rough for him. My thoughts are with the family.
RIP
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

As we (the silver backs of the car scene) grow older and more and more of our friends start having issues and often make the back page of the news paper the realities of our short life here hits home.  I often think about some of the guys that have passed, what their life was like and was it as full as they had hoped. 

Reflecting on my own there are a few things I would have done differently, many many things I am proud of.  Learning what is important in life is the biggest, good friends, being humble, being honest in all your dealings and having a strong faith base top the list.

I do often think about Ron and Roger (RAWms) as both left us far too early!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

I miss both of them.  Roger used to call me from time to time.  Back then I was busy a lot with school, kids, and work, plus this site, but I would sit and talk 57's with him.  I am glad that I did, because when he was gone, his wife actually sent me a letter letting me know that he had passed, something that otherwise wouldn't have happened had I not had some kind of relationship with him.  I miss both of them, their input on this site, and their enthusiasm.  Makes me more appreciative of the time we have left, the friends and family.  You never know when it will be your time, or those around you.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

friends & family that says it all..............    just read a bio on another site   '' long story, soon to end''  its funny when we recollect memories often reflect on our mistakes. Personally remember the best advise my dad ever gave me as I was shipping out in '72  ''don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother to find out''. Hope Rons' family is dealing ok today, for me the empty chair is hardest to deal with on birthdays and holidays.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

Because life is so short down here, we should be planning our eternity. Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Frankenstein57

I was thinking about Ron the other day, I wonder if his daughter is driving or showing his ranchero. I just lost a good friend from high school, she was married to my best friend, 56 years young, cancer.   Mark

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

wildhog

I am sure we all miss Ron,I was glad I could help him with a few pieces to get his Ranchero back together and got to thinking,will I ever get all my projects finished? I think not!!! I need to get busy and get more done on the 57 Sunliner Junior. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

briney

sad news.... I will miss him and Roger too... :(

Patrick  Dallas / TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.