News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member with lotsa pic's and a small request

Started by 410ranchero, 2013-09-24 16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Okay, I have taken a set of measurements from the chassis (or brackets, as in the pictures) to the welded inner/outer rocker flange.  These dimensions are the ones double underlined, the other dimensions nearest the bottom of the rocker are the dimensions between the measurement points:

Picture 1:

"Leaf spring bracket outer face" is the flat outer face of the bracket, "body mount bracket nearest front" is the forward rivet head of the body mount bracket, dimension taken from the head of the rivet.

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

"Body mount face" is the flat outer face of the bracket (that is rivetted flat against the chassis rail outer face), "body mount rear rivet" is the body mount rivet nearest the back of the bracket, dimesnion taken from the head of the rivet.

Picture 4:

All dimensions are taken best I can, trying to keep the tape measure at 90 degrees to the chassis rail/car's centre line, but as the inner rockers are original they should be pretty close.  If you need any more, just ask.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

410ranchero

Dude that is awesome! Thank you very much! That will make it easy and hopefully help others in the future. Now to get out and start pulling things around.

RICH MUISE

That was awesome. Lots of work and time there to help a fellow car nut. well done sir!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

If it helps to keep another one out of the crusher, nothing is too much trouble.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-09-30 23:49
That was awesome. Lots of work and time there to help a fellow car nut. well done sir!
Rich
   One more karma point for him!

hiball3985

Agreed, I'll add one too.. Well done..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

410ranchero

Well I didn't get any measuring done yet, but I did get the engine out and tore all apart. Everything looks to be in order so its fresh gaskets and back together with the ported heads and new solid cam!

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/95ttoplt1/library/Ranchero