News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Henry Gregor Felsen "Hot Rod"

Started by strick, 2013-09-25 07:33

Previous topic - Next topic

strick

This past weekend, there was a Tribute to Henry Gregor Felsen, the Iowa author who wrote such books as Hot Rod, Crash Club, Street Rod and on and on. Hot Rod was probably the only book I read twice while in High School! Anyway, his daughter Holly lives in Des Moines and headed up this show- over 180 cars were there. Holly was selling reprints of his books, awesome posters and and T-shirts. I hope to attach a couple cool '57 Fords that where there, both Des Moines cars. The retractable has factory A/C.
www.henrygregorfelsen.com

RICH MUISE

Two really sharp cars..thanks for posting. The red and white has a great look with those baby moons and trim trings....it's got me thinking!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

strick

It belongs to a friend, Dave Swanson. He had a matching red and white hardtop for years, then missed the blk '40 coupe he had years ago, so traded the hardtop for another '40. Nice guy. The retractable belongs to Bob Kahler, a retired semi truck salesman like myself (except I am not retired!). It too is flawless. I'll attached a pic of Holly Felson signing autographs. Some really cool posters if you are into garage art!
alan

RICH MUISE

I don't know who Holly Felson is...fill me in please. Those are neat posters on her table.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Mark

Rich likes the pictures :005:           Just had to tease you Rich,

strick

Holly is the daughter of Henry Gregor Felsen--and she is the one having his writings remade, she is the one who started this annual car show. Mr. Felsen past several years ago. You can purchase his books, t-shirts etc from her. She also lives here in Des Moines.

57AGIN

I remember reading a couple of those kind of books when I was a sophomore in high school (circa 1958).  I'm not sure if they were the same ones, but I think I'll contact her a buy a couple.  Those books kind of kindled my interest in street and hot rods, along with the early Hot Rod  and Rod & Custom magazines of the era.  Thanks for posting this thread.

Bob
57 AGIN

strick

Tell her Alan sent you!!!!!!!! Bud Crane sure started my hot rod career!