News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

More questions! This time it's door seals.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-12-08 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

gasman826

hiball3985

Gluing would be old school easy  :003:, we live in a high tech world now where everything has to be complicated  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-10 11:14
By the time this thread runs out....were all gonna be smarter!

Some of this stuff they used to teach us in grade school, and back then most of us wondered when if ever we would ever have a need for it, now I know.

Back on topic, really doubt that any full loop door seals are anything but molded one piece units. I have one for an offshore mini truck that never got used and will look it over and see if it has any seams. And it has several locating pins and of course the rib we are calling ,for lack of a better term,an extrusion.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I believe the windshield seals are extrusions, cut and glued/seamed. BTW, they do sell "vulcanizing cement"...not sure what it does but Graingers has it...LOL...252.00 for a 5 gal. pail if you need some
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Wish SkylinerRon would join in this conversation since he has contacts , ''dad'' , at Carpenters. Maybe he can give us the straight skinny for us all.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72