News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Time to vent!

Started by alvin stadel, 2013-12-09 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I wish more people would do things like this.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

I think events like WWII should be remembered as something special. Something spectacular and not common place in history. Any war we commit American troops should be that way. With those participating declared as hero's. Not many people are around today that remember the sacrifices made or the moral obligation we had in fighting that war. Since WWII our commitment to war has been anything other than special other than the loss of life by the American Soldier. Still hero's but not as popular. Do you realize that almost two American Soldiers have lost their life every day since the World Trade buildings have went down. The people born during that time are in their mid teen's now. When an American Soldier loses his life it should be a horrific special event. It's turned into a common event. That's why they didn't show more respect for Dec. 7th. The people that do are becoming extinct, just like our old cars.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

For me one of the scariest things is when large groups of politicians start wrapping themselves with the flag. That always is followed by our children dying in some hell hole that is suddenly vital to our national interests. Nothing will change unless we bring back the ''draft''. And bring it back with no deferments other than severe physical conditions. Really doubt that many in Congress have children in harms way at this time. They have shielded themselves from that risk and put the burden on everyone else.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Biden's son did a tour, senator from SC husband is there now, been some more, can't remember them now.  We still need to remember it is an all volunteer force.  Those of us that served under the "draft era" did so either by volunteering or being volunteered.  What bites is all the promises made and broken for those that elected to become career, those that were wounded and those that were killed.  It is interesting that there are more "training" deaths in the military overall then death due to mortal combat.

I believe in self governing, having said that, we need to take care of business with our sport/hobby, we need to take care of business with respect to the country and we need to take care of business in the rest of the world.  If we don't take care of business ourselves someone else will do it for us and we most likely won't like the results.  So do we need to be the "police" of the world, in a sense I believe we do because we sure run the risk of letting someone else do it for us and then complaining abou the results.  Gets back to the politicians running to the "hot ticket" item, they are for it before they are against it.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

BAMA_57

My dad was in the ARMY medical corps and arrived at Pearl Harbor three days after the attack. Though I never served I have nothing but respect for our military. I too was disappointed that not much attention is payed to the anniversary any more but it doesn't surprise me.  The news media has an agenda and doesn't include teaching the next generation about history. So we will probably end up repeating it. Only thing is we could never do today what that generation did. We've lost the industrial base it would take to build the equipment. Not to mention the lack of selflessness it would take of the average person.

As far as our hobby goes I expect the EPA will outlaw old cars before its over.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

JimNolan

Quote from: BAMA_57 on 2013-12-13 21:27
My dad was in the ARMY medical corps and arrived at Pearl Harbor three days after the attack. Though I never served I have nothing but respect for our military. I too was disappointed that not much attention is payed to the anniversary any more but it doesn't surprise me.  The news media has an agenda and doesn't include teaching the next generation about history. So we will probably end up repeating it. Only thing is we could never do today what that generation did. We've lost the industrial base it would take to build the equipment. Not to mention the lack of selflessness it would take of the average person.

As far as our hobby goes I expect the EPA will outlaw old cars before its over.
Good post. I agree. We'd have to have China build our weapons. And with so many people on Social Security Disability we'd need China to fight the battles also.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.