News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

BULB SOCKETS AND WIRE CONNECTIONS

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-12-29 19:37

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

Lubriplate part number, on my 40 + year old can is 105.

gasman826

Did a little research:

DS-ES Electric Switch Lubricant
Lithium Type Grease

Developed for the lubrication of electrical
switch contacts. Used extensively in the
automotive industry for switches, sockets,
and wiring harness connectors. Excellent
oxidation resistance and compatibility with
metal, plastic and rubber. .

Although many Lubriplate products look like white grease, they are not the same.  DS-ES is great for electric connections but not disc brakes.  The Lubriplate used on disc brakes is scorch resistant and will not contaminate rotors, drums, shoes or pads.  The two should not be interchanged.

Ecode70D

Gary
      I'm glad that  you told me that before I made a mistake.  My parking light sockets were on my to do list for tomorrow and I was going to use the lithium that I have on the shelf in the shop.
"It is not DS-ES" .
Thank you  Jay

RICH MUISE

Yeah, that was some good info there. Thanks for posting that Gary.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Motorcraft XG3A.
Motorcraft Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound is designed to lubricate disc brake caliper slide pins and provide high voltage seal to secondary ignition wires. It has high resistance to water and heat. This caliper grease and dielectric compound is compatible with Ethylene-Propylene Diolefin Monomer rubber. It suppresses voltage leaks by coating inner distributor cap surface and delivers efficient performance.

Jay, Permatex makes a product for bulb sockets, not sure what it is.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    Thanks  for that info.   Does it happen to have DS-ES Electric Switch Lubricant written on it as
Gary had mentioned?  Jay

hiball3985

Jay, I have no idea I don't have that product, I don't use any of the dielectric type stuff.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang