News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new ranchero floorboards

Started by electricalan, 2014-01-04 18:54

Previous topic - Next topic

electricalan

O.K. guys I need to order up new floorboards for my Ranchero.I have found several options with some variations in price.I dont think the price is the concern,but I just want the correct fit.I know many of you have been here and look forward to your good advice.
                         Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

rmk57

I'm sure most everybody is going to give the thumbs up to EMS. I personally have not used any of their products but I've heard there ok.
I'm kind of minimalist when it comes to sheet metal replacement, take out only what you need and try and keep as much original as possible.

I'd say shop around for the best price on EMS stuff.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

electricalan

Ya I hear ya,but if I decide on original carpet kit I want it to fit correct.Thanks for the reply.
             Al

hotroddonnie

All of my sheet metal is from EMS, good gauge, great fit and welds nice according to Rob who has done all my metal work.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-01-04 19:28
Ya I hear ya,but if I decide on original carpet kit I want it to fit correct.Thanks for the reply.
             Al
I don't think he was saying to change the shape by using just plain sheets of sheet metal..I think he was saying just because the replacement panels are a certain size, you don't have to use all of it if the damaged area isn't that big.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-04 20:42
I don't think he was saying to change the shape by using just plain sheets of sheet metal..I think he was saying just because the replacement panels are a certain size, you don't have to use all of it if the damaged area isn't that big.

Bingo!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

electricalan

Thanks HRD ,They were on my list and look good,but the on line info is a bit weak.I will probably get on the phone with them or order catalog.I know your stuff looks great.
O.K. Rich I gotcha guys ,but my concern was maybe some of the replacement stuff is not worth messing with.Thanks for the input you guys I appreciate all angles.
                                          Al

electricalan

RMK, YA I will have to get some pricing on them.Thats one of the things I could,nt get off thier site.I do recall seeing some other sites offering thier product,maybe i will check them out for reference.Thanks Al

Frankenstein57

I went on the cheap and bought some bargain floor pans, I sent all back except the toe boards. I bought the EMS pans, fit was excellent.  The 57 body I'm working on came from Vegas, its amazingly solid. I think the rust I have right by the gas pedal seam, happened sitting in Randy Conners woods. Dam drain hoses. I'm going to buy the cheaper toe boards, $125 a pair. I only need about 3 or 4 inches of them anyways.  Mark

BWhitmore

My Ranchero also has the EMS floor pans.  Great fit and real nice people at EMS also.

sprink88

I got some decent ones, cheap, in rock auto.
~Chris

electricalan

Ya I would rather pay a bit up front than send anything back.Thanks for the info.

Jeff Norwell

Al,I bought Floor pans and a Pass. toe board for my 57.They are not installed yet but they folks at EMS were very good to deal with(my exp.)Yes,The EMS website is a tad weak.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com