News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Next Question

Started by petew, 2013-10-21 15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

In the process of disassembling my doors I see that the door glass anti rattlers and the door glass runs are in need of replacement. Once again I see that nothing is listed for the wagon at  all but I did find that Jerry's Classic Cars does list door glass anti rattlers for a Custom 300 73B (4 door). So I wonder if the same logic applies regarding the similarity between my wagon and the Custom 300 which would mean they might fit ?
Can't find any door glass runs listed for 4 door cars or wagons.  Any ideas anyone ?

Pete

Ford Blue blood

Use the "fuzzies for a two door custom. The glass runs can be repaired using the "loop" portion of velcro.  I get the stuff from my local interior supply place.  It is self stichy and you need to make sure it is where you want it when you press it in place.  I did the right runs on my 58 Edsel, failed to take pics but will when I do the left side and then post.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

petew

Very good, so I  use the fuzzies for a two door custom to fit the front doors on my wagon and the fuzzies for the quarter or rear windows from the custom will fit the rear doors on my wagon ?

The velcro loop idea is great.

RICH MUISE

If you want to keep looking for model specific components, check www.classicautoparts.com in OK city. They manufacture them, and have the best selction as far as different models. Great quality I might add.
In addition to the rigid glass channel, they also sell the flexible stainless/rubber/fuzzies channel in 6' strips if you want to take on forming your own. That's what I used for my channels, along with their anti-rattler kit. They also have the wing widow seals/rear edge which are riveted to the divider bar at the same time as the window channel, so if you do replace rather than repair the window channels, it would be a good idea to also pick up the wing window seal.
I did a lengthy post on forming the channels from the sticks, and assembly. I did the post years ago, but I'll find it if your interested. Some of the guys, as usual, had also added some great suggestions to that thread.
I might add, I have no idea what the rear door glass channels look like on a 4 dr anything, so I'm just assuming the process is the same for the rear doors.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

Rich,
Correct you were Obsolete has everything that I need and I would love to see the post on forming the channels.

Pete

RICH MUISE

This is the thread I mentioned earlier:
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=1405.msg7646#msg7646
One thing to add to that thread....actually an emphasis on something mentioned...when bending the tight corner, keep an eye on the fuzzies inside the channel. They don't flex like the rest of the channel, and will pull out at the corners if you don't snip them where they start pulling out.
Glad Classic/obsolete had what you need. The owners name is Dale, and probably the packaging for the anti rattlers will be marked "Dale Manufacturing"...another of his companies.

Bud

Rich,
You might try Mac's Antique Auto Parts or Restoration Specialties.  I'm in the process of replacing my door window channel molding for my Ranchero and these were the only two suppliers that had what I wanted.  Good luck and thanks ya'll for the great tips.
Bud

SkylinerRon

Dennis Carpenter manufactures all this stuff for the other vendors.
Just go to the source.

Goodluck,

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2014-01-25 01:51
Dennis Carpenter manufactures all this stuff for the other vendors.
Just go to the source.

Goodluck,

Ron.
Actually not the case. As I had mentioned above, Dale Manufacturing is owned ny the same person as Classic Auto Parts in Oklahoma City. They manufacture many of the parts they sell, and do a good job of it. Their showroom has many parts shrinkwrapped on Dale Manufacturing packaging. I'm not talking rubber seals, which generally are Dennis Carpenter, I'm talking about stuff like anti rattling strips/kits,channeling, etc. I don't know if Dale Manufacturing has a website...I'll find out..but they do manufacture hundreds of parts for many years/makes.

57chero

And there made in America not China.

SkylinerRon

I didn't think Dales made much for 57's.  Everytime I see them at Carlisle they never have much post war stuff.
I'd guess 90% of repro 57 parts come from DC except sheetmetal of course.

Ron.

RICH MUISE

They are a relatively small company that has tried to spread their coverage over alot of years, and because of that, you are correct in that they don't make alot of '57 components. This is not the case with the anti-rattler kits though, which was what this thread had opened with. Their goal on the anti-rattlers was to cover all '57 models. Out of curiosity, the next time I go to Classic, I'll pay attention to what is on display that is Dale's. You can't tell from the Classic website.

SkylinerRon

Usually I try to buy from the guys that support my cars parts the most. DC has really stepped up on 57's, especially retractables.
They also make a lot of parts for my 61 Starliner.
Other than that I try to buy from the closest vendor or at Carlisle to save on shipping costs.
Dales or anyone else that makes more parts for us is certainly welcome in my book.

Ron.