News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 post craigslist

Started by electricalan, 2014-02-11 16:03

Previous topic - Next topic

electricalan

57 2door post showed up on craigslist yesterday.It is located in tri-cities wa.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Zapato

not finding it today, can you post a link if its still there?

Zap- :unitedstates:

Okay, found it by going to wenatchee   

craigslist.org/see/cfo/4322392374.html    hope this works, looks like its another business coupe with the rear platform missing.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

electricalan

Not sure if I know how to do that.I wil look and see if i can find it. I was logged on to tacoma seattle craigslist.

electricalan

Its still on. The post id # is 4317671797.Sorry I dont know how to drag a link to this site.

Tacoma/seattle craigslist
                      cars and trucks
                         by owner
                         has pic

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

that's the only 2 door post one I found, must be.

Zapato

electricalan

That link wont open for me, but if it was in tri cities and $5700.oo than it was .I did;nt think it was worth that much.It had been sideswiped and he had replacement stuff to go with. 

electricalan

Add was pulled..I cannot find it anymore 

RICH MUISE

It still opens for me.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

just checked , its still there

Zapato

electricalan

What do you think about his price for that condition? I dont know if I am up on current pricing,but it seemed a bit high for the condition.

rmk57

I think it's about $1500 to high. Being a  business coupe may make it more desirable to the right person but generally most people want a back seat.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Tough call without a close inspection. If the extent of the rust is the driver's floorboard, that would definetly be a plus. I certainly wouldn't buy it at that price without a personal inspection....particularly on the underside. The rust areas common in the trunk area are the wheel well and both side areas where he has that chain lying. I would ask to see a pic of the data plate to confirm that it is in fact a 70D business coupe. He is not showing any pics of the driver's side. If the rear seat replacement shelf was there it would help justify the cost. I would also ask to see a pic of the rear side panels to further check for it being a 70D. There should be fixed windows. All that said, if you don't have to pay for an inspection or shipping, I think it's probably 1-2 k overpriced. It may be a 70D, but it's certainly not original.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Having looked at the photos a little closer you can see the wheel houses have that vinyl covering that the wagons have, so probably it's probably the real deal.

Now if the Vin # was an "F" I'd gladly give him his $5700!

Even a regular 312 "D" code would be very cool to restore.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429