News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

fuel line fittings

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-03-04 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm planning on running 3/8 nicopp lines along the frame, connected to flexible hoses on either end. The flex hoses will have an-6 fittings. What is the best fitting type to use on the hard lines? I have found both AN nuts to be used in conjunction with flaring the tube 37 degrees, and I have found compresion type fittings
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I would use the flaired fittings.  Factory has used them for years with great success.  Would worry the compression would leak and there is the re-realing issue if you have to disassemble for what ever.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

petew

If your fuel is going to be coming out of the tank under pressure I would second the vote for using the flared fittings . I have used the compression fittings in that application for a non fuel injected car without any problems but don't know how they would work with 30-60 psi on them.

RICH MUISE

ok...thanks for the input. I had asked that question on the Hamb, shouldn't have because I couldn't really mention the fuel injection and pressure, so I got a different answer from that crowd, but of course their answers were not relevant anyway due to not having all the info. I'll see if I can pick up some flair fittings in Phoenix...and I'm going to need a 37 degree flairing tool.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

TexasFordGuy

The Eastwood flaring tool, http://www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html, is expensive but really make flaring an easy job.  I did the brake and fuel lines on my 55 F100 and everything looks so professional.  They also have a 37-degree dies available.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

rmk57

I used AN fittings and flaired the  fuel line with my cheap brake line flaring kit. My fuel line is aluminum and even with the mismatch from AN to inverted flare it don't leak a drop.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429