News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The Beatles

Started by alvin stadel, 2014-02-10 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

James Dean isn't dead..... one of my favorite lines out of a song,and of course , He drive's a 57 coupe.

jumping jack flash

@ 57 Agin,... That's a lot of what our time was about. Not that much in San Antonio, back then only 1 drag strip and 1 hi banked oval track. That is where I spent my time, thanks to a girl friend's dad. We remained best of friends until his death in 93.He taught me a lot, and helped me put an early 5 bolt 289 Cobra in my first 57 Ranchero." Headknocker", sung by Foreigner had to be written about him.

57AGIN

Zapato:

Couldn't agree with you more.  I have a Bob Segar CD that I frequently listen to, along with my Duane Eddy, Ventures, Chantays and numerous groups from the 50's & 60's.  But, I can also enjoy Journey, Foreigner and quite a few of the 80's groups.  Each generation of music takes me back to places I've been, people I've known and cars I've had, its all good.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Studies have been done that show most males will for life identify with the music the listened to from age 12-18 years old. i find that to be true for me but still enjoy some earlier and more recent sounds. Have to say am glad that the  Kingston Trio were not around my time and definitely find absolutely no desire to hear them. To this day my favorite band is Credence Clearwater and by the way the bathroom is not on the right.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

robhaerr

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-16 05:34
I was born in 61, but all through my life I always managed to listen to a good Beatles song. My wife and I went to a Johnny Cash tribute concert, great time! Great job on the Beatles (tribute) Rob. HRD

Thanks for the nod, Hot Rod Donnie!

Still trying to stay 16 at 56...
Rob