News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Spin on oil filter adaptor

Started by outcruisen, 2014-03-09 15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

outcruisen

Hi all... I am looking for a billet style spin on oil filter adaptor for my 312 Y block. I purchased a Dennis Carpenter pressed steel unit that seems to leak more than the original one that was on the car..

I have seen pictures of an aluminium billet item that looks to be much better quality than the pressed steel one, but can't find where to purchase it anywhere.

Any info would be much appreciated, or better still if you have 1 for sale that would be great.

Cheers

Mark

4thgen57

Not sure about the aluminum piece. I put a steel one from Macs on my 272 about 4 years ago. Leaked a lot at first. finally figured out the torque spec in the kit was to much. Tightened by hand and it hasn't leaked a drop since.

hiball3985

I've never seen a billet aluminum one, can you post a picture. I've read dozens of post about the leaking ones from after market people, don't know what the problem is. Some times you can find originals on places like Ebay or even some junk yards.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wildhog

The Billet Alum. ones are made in North Carolina. Go over to the Y-block forever site and ask Gary Bernett.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

sprink88

I got mine off ebay. Some guy in Wisconsin sells them. Didnt leak
~Chris

Mark

Check out this link, http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic83442.aspx     I had the same trouble, easy to fix    Mark

clusterbuster

Thanks for the tip. My adapter not only leaked, it gushed out. I worked on it a day, quite a while ago,trying everything under the sun to fix it. Thew it in the back and put my canister back on with a new filter. Will dig it out sometime and see what the flat measurements are per the picture.

Mark

When you try it you will be happy. If it's flat ,the center bottoms out before the outside seals the gasket. Some of the new ones were not right to start with. Try it, what else are you going to do with the one you have anyway? I'm happy to say mine is the original. I would wish you good luck, but I don't think you will need it--It will work   
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/tech/html/oil_filter.html                                     Mark                                                           

outcruisen

I looked on the y block site but does anyone have an email address for Charlie Dover as I would love 1 of his units and want to find out if he would ship to Australia..

Cheers

wildhog

E mail Ted Eaton, He will be able to get you all the information. Hope this helps. Tom
ted@eatonbalancing.com or www.eatonbalancing.com
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

outcruisen

Thanks Wildhog.. Sent Ted an email today..

Cheers