News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Scottsdale Goodguys show

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-03-15 10:26

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

There were a 1/2 dozen '57 and '58's the day I went. I think I mentioned this convertible, and said it had 39K miles. That was incorrect. I don't know what the mileage was. If anyone is looking for a museum quality convertible this is it! I have a closeup of the for sale sign if anyone is interested..asking 39.5K. I never could find the owner, and not much for details on the for sale sign.
Doug/57Imposter...check out the louvered hood on the Custom.
I loved the red Ranchwagon...top notch all the way. This is owned by a guy that spent his working life as a Ford partsman...hope he joins our forum.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

some more...

RICH MUISE

Love the clean look of this '58

hiball3985

Great to see some 57s and 58 at the show. Everyone has their own ideas I guess, but painted bumpers I will never understand, that's just too weird for me.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

electricalan

x2 on the painted bumpers.Thanks for the pics Rich
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

I think a lot of folks have gotten use to them because that's all that has come out of Detroit and beyond for 20 years now....and chrome has gotten so expensive to boot.

Ecode70D

Rich
   I had a 58 Fairlane with that side trim on it.  The car had a factory FE with three on the column.  I always thought that the side trim was sort of special because back in the day that was the only one around Boston that I knew of.
   Do you remember seeing it at Richards on Memorial Drive?  It was white.  Well if you did, how come you didn't come over and say hi? Jay

RICH MUISE

Sorry...was to busy flirting with your future wife.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-15 18:38
Sorry...was to busy flirting with your future wife.

Yeah....   That's right I forgot all about that!

57 imposter

Rich   That is a little closer to what I have in mind. It will kind of depend of what happens when I get it back to the louver shop. The guy that did the hood is a real expert and he thought he could squeeze in at least a couple more without going overboard so I am pretty sure he will be able to do something with it. The more I look at it the way it is, the less I like it. We are still making our way  home and are in Sedona Az. tonight. Really beautiful country here. Hope to be home by Tuesday night. 

57AGIN

Rich & Others:

About 9 or 10 years ago I was joining a car club based out here in Southern California, the "Fabulous 50's Ford Club."   Out here they couldn't get officers and the meetings kind of died out, so they up and moved lock stock & barrel (so to speak) to Arizona.  I'm not sure where they wound up probably  in Phoenix or Scottsdale.  I guess here in So Cal there was just too much going on and the old officers couldn't find replacements among the younger generation, too bad.  By the way, those 57's you saw & photographed look very nice.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Doug....Sedona is on my Arizona bucket list, I hear it's beautiful. From the pictures I've seen, it looks alot like Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, but on a bigger scale.
I'm always amazed at how I can miss major details when I'm looking at something. I didn't even notice the louvers on the '57 Custom until I was resizing the pic for posting.
Guys, I saw some pics of Doug's '58 he is modifying to the '57 styling. The pics I saw of the rear tailight area are coming along real nice. Doug was showing me how it's only the last foot or so inboard of the fins that make the rear fenders different. I was surprised that the tailpan on the '58's are so much different than the '57's. On the '58's the tailpan is flush with the rounded area under the taillights. In other words, At the seam under the tail light on a '58 it goes straight across rather than recessed like on the '57's.

RICH MUISE

Bob...I'm pretty sure I saw a table at one of the local Phoenix car shows for that car club. Not positive though, it's a pretty common phrase. I'm glad you did mention it though because it reminded me of an Ad in a magazine I picked. We may have a new Fifties Fords part supplier starting up?/expanding?/I don't know what. Check out the scanned page I'm posting. The .com isn't set up yet..."coming soon". I'm gonna call the telephone #when I have a chance today and find out the scoop.
Anybody know anything about these guys?

Jeff Norwell

Rich,I have seen that ad too.I was wondering what they would be selling.New stuff or just carrying what is already offered by suppliers now.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-17 08:16
Doug....Sedona is on my Arizona bucket list, I hear it's beautiful. From the pictures I've seen, it looks alot like Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, but on a bigger scale.
On the '58's the tailpan is flush with the rounded area under the taillights. In other words, At the seam under the tail light on a '58 it goes straight across rather than recessed like on the '57's.

Sedona is the place where a lot of the old cowboy movies were made because of the beautiful colors of the stones
     I found out about the 58 tail pan not fitting the 57 when I took one off one of my spare 58s and tried to put it on my 57.  There is nothing about them that is the same.  I got a 57 one off the internet somewhere.