News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Message about Jim hiball

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-04-04 19:06

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

I think that qualifies as a lucky dog pass.

Jerrys Kars

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-04-05 08:09
Lightning does strange  damage when it hits a house, mostly electrical but it can blow up walls and all kinds of crazy things. Glad everyone is ok
I'm an electrician. Be sure to have a thorough check on your electrical system. Saw romex cables split apart by a lightning strike. Destroyed the main panel in the house and traveled to a barn about 100 feet away and split the romex cables. Looked like the ground wire became so hot it burned its way out of the plastic jacket.

hiball3985

Quote from: Jerrys Kars on 2014-04-06 15:12
I'm an electrician. Be sure to have a thorough check on your electrical system. Saw romex cables split apart by a lightning strike. Destroyed the main panel in the house and traveled to a barn about 100 feet away and split the romex cables. Looked like the ground wire became so hot it burned its way out of the plastic jacket.
How would you possibly check the wiring without removing the walls and I'm not going to do that. The wiring at the panel looks good. Strange it only blew two power strips and only one device on each one. It didn't even blow a light bulb.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

A good eletrician will have a "MEGGER", a device that measures resistance in the Megaohms range.  If the wireing has an issue it will read a much lower number then a good cable.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II