News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Plymouth Rock +The Mayflower

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-05-03 21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I went to Plymouth today to take pictures of Plymouth rock and the Mayflower ship.
     Every time I tried to take the pictures, some inconsiderate guy parked his car in the way.
     So I'm sorry I was only able to get a picture of the sign for Plymouth rock and part of the ship.

hotroddonnie

Where's a good traffic cop when you need one? :018: HRD

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-05-03 21:51
Where's a good traffic cop when you need one? :018: HRD

HRD
     When you need the cops, you have to go to a donut shop to find them.  I'm told that's where they hang out. 
    Do you know of someone who's interested in a used old wooden ship that was only used once?

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

So good to see it out and running Jay..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

It's always nice seeing your photos Jay
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Looks great jay...nice photos. I've been there!!, however, this will probably show my age, I don't believe that structure around/over the Rock was there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-04 21:06
Looks great jay...nice photos. I've been there!!, however, this will probably show my age, I don't believe that structure around/over the Rock was there.

Rich
    You have obviously been away from Mass. for a looooong time.  That structure has been there for about 40 years.  As the story goes,  they got tired of people chipping away at the rock for souvenir pieces , so they built that around it to keep people away from it.
     The real good thing about Plymouth is that you can get fresh clams the way you remember them before you deserted us to go to a warmer climate on the other side of the country.
Jay   

djfordmanjack

Did they build a replica of the ship and is this still seaworthy ?

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2014-05-06 01:56
Did they build a replica of the ship and is this still seaworthy ?

Günter
     If I am wrong about this statement, I hope that someone corrects me.  That ship is known as the Mayflower ll.  It is a replica that was built at the Brixham shipyard in Devon England around 1956.  Around April 1957 it sailed on it's own power to the USA.  It has made a few trips up and down the east coast over the years on it's own power.  It is berthed  in Plymouth Mass just a stone's throw from Plymouth rock.  Jay