News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front Side window trim

Started by Wirenut, 2014-04-29 22:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Can anyone tell me if there is a supplier for the parts to repair the flapper above the front side windows on a Fairlane 500? I am looking for the springs and the felt strip that cushions the glass and allows the stainless flapper to spring back in place when the door is closed. I have checked in all of my catalogs and no luck.. Thanks for any leads

Ford Blue blood

Use the "loop" portion of self sticky Velcro to replace the felt.  It comes in various widths and will need to be cut to fit.  The "sticky" is really sticky so make sure it is in the correct location before pressing it down.  Check out the springs that are used in the repoped 57 Chevy flippers, might be the same.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Wirenut

Thanks Blue blood. In this case I would not have an issue with a G.M. part om the Ford..(I'll see if they interchange) I thought about the felt but was not sure how well it would stick. I'll give it a try..

Ford Blue blood

Clean all the old residue off really good, wipe down with alcohol and it should say there for a long time.  I use the stuff to rebuild window channels and have had great success.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57chero

Wirenut,

I have a pair that still spring back and forth, the felt isn't any good but you could replace that or use for parts.
$35 includes shipping.

Contibob

57chero, If wirenut doesn't want yours I will take them.

57chero

Contibob,

No response from Wirenut, so if you still want the right and left front side window flapper trim there yours. I also have a pair of kick panel retainers the bottom edges are a little rusty but still intact, if your interested $65 including shipping for everything.

Wirenut

57 Chero, I sent you a P.M. I do want the side pieces. I just need an address to send payment..

57chero

Wirenut,

Sorry but I did not receive a P.M. it must not have went through. So I sold them to Contibob again sorry for the confusion.

57Chero