News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front end parts

Started by BBoswell, 2014-05-09 20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Does anyone have a source for front ends parts. I need the both inner tie rod ends and power steering control valve for Custom 300.

gasman826

Quote from: BBoswell on 2014-05-09 20:43
Does anyone have a source for front ends parts. I need the both inner tie rod ends and power steering control valve for Custom 300.
Google yields lots.  Kanter, Speedway Motors, PST, Dearborn....Moog still lists them.

BBoswell

I had checked most of these places for the inner tie rod ends and found that 1) Speedway only lists the outer tie rod ends; 2) the Moog parts are no longer available (according to local parts houses); and 3) the parts from Dearborn are special order and can take up to 4 weeks to ship.

There were two places I hadn't tried (Kanter and PST) and their web sites show they are available so I will give them a call on Monday.

Thanks for the info.

sprink88

Those are the same places we use to source parts. Its unfortunate that a few companies make parts. But the car is better.
~Chris

rmk57

There are a couple on e- bay now, if you wanted to go that route.
It says their made under license from Ford, so the quality may be ok.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

BBoswell

It is a shame that parts are getting harder and harder to find. I'll give Kanter and PST a call on Monday. I'm not a big fan of ebay these days but if no luck with either of those companies I'll check out the ones listed there.

SkylinerRon

Someone is making the control valve now,  Concoures lists them.
Try rockauto.com for Trw/Moog
Kanter's parts are white box imports.
Goodluck,
Ron.

BBoswell

I've decided to go a different way on the power steering. I sold my Gear Vendor Over/Underdrive unit today and since I like the Rack and Pinion setup in my Ranchero so much I decided to go with the same setup in my Custom 300. I was also able to the the inner tie rod ends thru PST. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help.