News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Moonshine Festival

Started by JPotter57, 2014-09-19 08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Just checking to see how many of you guys are interested in going to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville this October.  I received an email from them, and Walt told me he could provide a place just for our 57s to park together if we got back to him soon enough.  I won't be able to take mine this year, it's just too far from being drivable.  I want to go, but just can't take my Ford.  Let me know if you intend to go, so he will have an idea of how many spaces to reserve for 57, and some 58 if there is room.  Thanks.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

OK, I guess if  don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, I'll just tell him that we had less interested folks than I was led to believe a few months back.  I'm not going to try to make you guys go have fun, but I can't reserve spots for folks who aren't going to show up either.  Maybe next year.
Old, loud, and fast.

BBoswell

Oh man! I wish I lived closer . . .

Ford Blue blood

James it looks like I will be going....but in the Edsel.  Nearly finished with it and will be starting the sheet metal work on the Ranchero but it will be next years "Moon Shine Run" car (if all goes according to plan).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

I will be contacting Walt in the morning, and tell him we will try again next year.  I am just too far out on mine to get together.  Planning on power tour, or drag week next year, definitely cruisin the coast and moonshine festival.  I should have all of my kids projects done soon, get back on mine.
Old, loud, and fast.

BP57CUSTOM

I am planning on going and already have an assigned spot (#113) with the moonshine cars.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

Jeff Norwell

I would go James. but in the final throws of assembling my 32.And work is so VERY heavy right now.Every bit of free time is devoted to that car.Trying to make Detroit.
But I am very much interested in going in the future.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

God,that poster is horrible.

JPotter57

Next year, if we contact him by early January, he told me we can have a mini-meet there, and he will put it on the fliers and poster with our logo.
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

I will be there with the custom and my buddy's 57 Mercury.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: wildhog on 2014-10-02 20:29
I will be there with the custom and my buddy's 57 Mercury.

NOW,you guys are in trouble! ha ha ha

strick

Ah man, you got me excited for a road trip. I saw this once on "My Clasic Car"... would not drive the '57 down there but considering a road trip. How many total cars do they have, any idea? Looks like it is 13 hours from Des Moines.  Thanks

Zapato

strick your 57 is perfect!

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

James I'm out again this year.  My kids are getting together in VA and don't want to miss that gathering.  Given they are spread out around the country the car show can wait....try for mext year.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

BP57CUSTOM

Last year I think there were a little over 100 Moonshine Cars and maybe a total of 500 cars counting the show cars. and a pretty good swap meet.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor