News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

gulfport crusin the coast

Started by kiwiragtop, 2014-10-01 03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwiragtop

Hi guys, its time for my wife and myself to do our annual trip to land where car shows are a plenty.

This year we are meeting wildhog and  friends in gulfport for crusin the coast. I understand there may be a few other members attending as well. not sure if there is a organised get together but it would be cool to meet some of the other 57 ford owners.

We are in the US for four weeks, so after Gulfport we plan to head down to Florida for a week, then to New Orleans for the blues and BBQ festival. From there not sure what we are doing, but we have another week until the Moonshine festival in Dawsonville, again hope to meet some more like minded people at the festival.

Then we plan to spend the next week driving back to LA flying home on the 1st of November,

I ask this question every year, if anyone has any places that are a must see while we are on our journey please just drop as a line.

Six days and counting
Kiwiragtop and wife

JPotter57

I'll be there.  Post here if you have a smart phone or tablet, and keep up with the site, or check our facebook page.  I will be willing to meet anyone, anywhere.  I will be in my 61 F100, its last year before a repaint.  My 57 is still in pieces thanks to doing time on my kids Mustangs, lol, but it will be there next year.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

James, I will be down with Allan, We will give you a call and get togeather. I need some 57 International stickers and I will bring you a couple of Curtis Turner stickers and Y-Block powered stickers. Need the name of good BBQ joint and good sea food resterant. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

The slap ya mama bbq joint is about the best on the coast. good stuff.  I'll get back to you on the seafood, but I'm thinking Shaggys..
Old, loud, and fast.

kiwiragtop

Hi James, we will be hanging out with Tom for the weekend so I guess that it easier to catch up. We usually pick up a new phone number when we land. I also take my ipad every where we go, much easier to take photo's on when you have failing eye sight,

cheers kiwiragtop

JPotter57

Great!  I'll be on the lookout for you guys, this year is the biggest ever for registered cars, should be a blast.
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Hey Alan/Julie...I envy your trips here...your seeing more than most of us that live here. If your unscheduled week brings you thru Amarillo we'd love to see you again. If you go thru Phoenix on a Saturday, the Pavillion cruise on Saturday night is always a great time. It's in Scottsdale actually.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Alan as you head West from the Moonshine Run make Talledega a stop, very nice museum there and then a must see is the Barber Race track and museum, all just off I-20. 

I would love to show you and Julie around the area here....but....the best laid plans of mice and men.....I will miss this years Moonshine AGAIN due to family obligations in VA.  Had planned on being here and hitting the Moonshine but the kids are all together (one in VA, one in TX and one in CO) for the first time in a year and it looks like the last time for this year.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

kiwiragtop

Hi Rich  good to here from you, not sure what route we are traveling back to LA,. if we are in your neck of the woods I will certainly give you a call
I would love to see the progress you have made on your car, apart from that Julie said is keen to catch with your wife again.

FORD BLUE BLOOD   cool handle
Sorry to here you can't make it this year, thanks for tip in Talledega I will definitely try to fit it in, If you have any other ideas on places to visit I will take any help I can get

cheers Kiwiragtop