News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

C7RC193277 57 CONVT

Started by waterville66, 2020-12-26 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

waterville66

I am the builder and former owner of a red/white/black top 57 Sunliner sold at the Monterey Mecum auction in August of 2017.  Sale price was 70K and am curious of its whereabouts. Thanks. Geesderner@yahoo.com

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum. Any more info may be helpful........pics, interior,drivetrain, stock/oem or modified, etc. I for one only remember one red and white convert. on this forum, but I'm sure there are more. Member named redwhitered from Kansas. Unfortunately, he spoke of serious health issues a few years back and haven't heard from him since. I remember pics, so click on his name in the members list (top dark blue line this page)and it should bring up his page where you can click on his posts.
Edit: forget that idea. I just checked and his name is no longer in our records. I have no clue why, unless he deleted everything or made that request of James (forum owner). Very Odd.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Just had a thought....obviously Mecum won't supply the buyer's contact info, but as a past customer, maybe they would be willing to forward your contact info to him and let him decide.
Finding a builder is probably easier than going the reverse and trying to find a buyer. Years ago I looked at a '57 at a classic car dealer in Phoenix and talked to the salesman about it. A few months later we had a new member join from the Vancouver area looking for info on the builder of a car he just bought in Phoenix! Yep, same car. The dealer would not supply the sellers name, said she was the widow of the owner and knew nothing about the car anyways. Fair enough. Then I remembered the salesman told me the couple had just moved down from Washington state a few months before he died. He asked around speed shops in Washington to no avail. I asked him one day if the car by any chance had a Ron Francis wiring harness. He said it did, luckily. I told him there should be a serial number on the fuse panel which he could give to Ron Francis, and maybe get the contact info of the buyer. He didn't find the owners name, but it was the builder he was wanting to ask questions of anyway, and Ron Francis was able to supply him with the shop's name the harness was sold to. Almost "Voila!!"..the guy who actually built the car no longer worked for the shop. Not sure if he ever found him.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

waterville66

That is the car!  That was my first frame off restoration that I completed in 1995.  Sold it in 2016 at MN Back to the 50's and was later sold at Mecum.