News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Flags

Started by junior58, 2015-04-19 20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Back in the day (and I mean way back), all our tourist towns in NZ used to sell these flags in their souvenir shops so you could put it on your aerial to show you'd been there.  Long gone out of fashion and almost impossible to find, a mate had one in his treasure chest and gave it to me in the weekend, knowing that I wanted one for my 57's aerial. I've never been to Te Puia Springs, I guess now that I have the flag I'd better get up there.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

RICH MUISE

Same thing here with decals. Remember in the 50-80's the occational traveller that would have his back windows full. You can find stickers now...for the outside of the glass, but actual decals for that old look have disappeared. Maybe the prevalence of tinted glass was the reason.?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

Back in the day (again), the idea was to get as many flags as you could on your aerial. I'd be happy with one or two these days.
Steve McKnight

hiball3985

I remember when everyone had one of the Union 76 orange antenna balls  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Quote from: junior58 on 2015-04-20 00:00
Back in the day (again), the idea was to get as many flags as you could on your aerial. I'd be happy with one or two these days.
OH, lol....kinda like panties hanging from your mirror.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

A few of the major tourist traps on the coast used to have ''trolls'' that would go out in the parking lots and attach to car bumpers with wire what looked like a very large bumper sticker. Most common one seen was from Sea Lions Cave.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

junior58

Yeah Rich, kinda but not quite, haha.
Steve McKnight