News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front grilles

Started by chartlaub, 2015-04-23 07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

chartlaub

I'm sure this has been discussed previously but I didn't find it mentioned under search.  Can anyone explain why there are two types of front grilles found on 57 Ford Custom 300's (perhaps all 57 Ford cars).  There is one with just the horizontal bars and then there is one that has a V superimposed over the horizontal bars?

RICH MUISE

All '57 American grilles are the same and do not have a V in the grille. There was however an option for bumper guards that had a v shapped bar atop/between the two guards.
Canadian Fords, if I remember correctly, did have a V included but the entire grille is different...wrapped around the sides of the front fenders all the way back to the wheel well.
Welcome to the forum, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ragtop

the  Canadian 57s were called meteors also different side trim

canadian_ranchero

the canadian fords[same grill as US]were sold by the ford dealers.the meteors were sold by the mercury dealers[a ford with grill and trim changes]

RICH MUISE

Ok, now I'm confused. So, Meteors were Mercury Meteors, or Ford Meteors sold by Mercury? A Canadian could buy  either an American Ford or a Canadian Ford/Meteor?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

just to add my 2 cents ,    fords were fords,   made in america,    ford meteors were made in canada,  always had diff grill and chrome trim and add ons so u would know where they were made

canadian_ranchero

most of the fords sold in canada were built in canada