News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear big bearing seals

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-05-31 12:34

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Great info again.........thanks. The guy that built mine is usually building high-dollar race cars, and it was over 5 years ago, so probably the reason for the different bearing id's., and why he wants to pull it apart first. He's the one that ordered the custom-built axles for it, so no paperwork here, and who knows what size.
My mechanic told me both seals were leaking lightly, so one won't do me any good, but I DO appreciate the offer. Yep, sounds like it's pull apart time..down the road a bit. I think I'm doing a car show this weekend, Just haven't decided if it's Red River in NM @ 300 miles each way, or further at Texas Motor Speedway for a big one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

All bearing and seals have a number on them, with this number you can go to a bearing supply company such as Torrington Bearing, and get what you need.

gasman826

To ride this pony a little more.  I got out my 9" stuff to see if I could assemble a pig with new and near new parts.  I found enough stuff to assemble with a 3.89 gear, shimmed Daytona support, locker, new bearings and seals and a 1350 billet yoke.  PICs:  never have too many 9" spares.

One of the PICs are the axle flange bolts.  The Early bearing 1/2" bolt has a 'D' shaped head and the Late bearing 3/8" bolt with an oval head.  Both heads are visible without any disassembly.  Still, no guarantee of which bearing could have been installed as a replacement.

gasman826

PICs:  flange bolts and TractionLok clutch tool