News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

bleeding resavoir conv

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2015-06-28 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

1st,  forget my spelling, its bad.    does any one know how to bleed the resavoir  for lifting the top?,   theres a screw on the resavoir and then theres a screw on top of the motor,  when lifting the top which do u remove?,   in the shop manual it says to bleed the resavoir,  but i'm not sure what i'm doing, unless i do it by trial and error,   can any help me out?,   thanks   jerry     PS,  any one know where i might get replacement parts for the top metal parts for the conv?,   

petew

Just did a top motor and cylinders on a 1955 Sunliner. Get everything hooked up except do not attach the Pistons to the top mechanism just yet .
Fill the system with fluid (atf in my case) and hit the switch. By allowing the cylinders to operate without a load the system will fill and bleed through operation. Check the pump reservoir often as it will empty into the cylinders quickly.
Once the Pistons rise and fall through full travel a few times then hook the Pistons to the top mechanism and operate the top up and down a few times . This process will take time and use quite a bit of fluid. After you are satisfied with the operation check the fluid level one last time.
Short answer to your question is the system is self bleeding.