News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Turn Signal Flasher

Started by JimNolan, 2008-03-28 13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   I hate to ask this since it's going to make me look reeeeal dumb. But, Where is the turn signal flasher located on my car ( 57 Fairlane ). I've looked behind the instrument panel and can't see it. If it is behind the instrument panel, which side, driver or passenger. Thanks
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

i won't say thats its in any perticular spot,  but mine is right behind the heater control,  kinda free floating and it looks like a silver tube about 1" in dia maybe 1" long,  mine is just swinging in the breeze, loose.

57 Ford Kustom

Jim :006:

It came from the factory mounted to the back of speedometer right side just above the idiot lite.  Maybe that is why you can not hear it because the sound should be magnified

TOM  :unitedstates:  :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

JimNolan

Tom and Gerry,
     I'll crawl back under there tomorrow again. I couldn't find it before. At least I'll have a fighting chance now. Thanks

57tudor

Jim.
Here is a picture of the Instrument Cluster. The flasher is located above the speedometer and slighty to the left. Hope this helps.  :006:

Rick.
57 Tudor

JimNolan

Well guys,
   I found it. I had to take the fresh air assembley down and then I didn't even have to crawl into the floor board to get to it. It's square, that's why I didn't see it. I was looking for something round. Well it's round now.
   I put the ( Love me Tender ) blinker in first. It sounded OK and it was unusual, not that loud, but without a radio on you'd probably hear it. But, as it was playing I noticed for the first time how handsome my buddy was. So I quickly took it out and installed the loud blinker. I like it better, my buddy likes it better and you can hear it on the road with the radio on at the volume my wife has to have it. If the radio was at the volume I like it, you wouldn't hear it anyway. Thanks for the information guys, you're a big help. Jim