Update: Body Mount Kits for Wagons Rancheros Sedan Deliveries

Started by KYBlueOval, 2015-07-20 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I spoke with Carpenter today and Concourse. Carpenter does not have a kit for Wagons, Rancheros etc.
Concourse said they made their own kits and in fact have kits for Wagons, Rancheros etc. In addition they have individual parts and pieces that are in the kit , available separately. I'll buy the Concourse Kit Shortly

Zapato

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

As most of the body mount info was deleted from the parts books decades ago it is hard to find out
exactly which appications fit what.

Most of these sales guys don't have a clue what fits what. Anybody on this list can find numerous errors
in their catalogs.

Carpenter MANUFACTURES all the rubber parts. Concours probably just reboxes different combos.
Maybe someone there did a wgn or Ranchero and knows first hand. The owner of Concours did have a Supercharged
Skyliner for many years. A very low mile original DragRacer from the 50-60's period.

If you buy all the pieces seperately it costs a bunch more than a kit.

I have a new, complete Carpenter kit here if you need to know anything about the contents.

I'd just buy the kit and go from there. If you need more pieces you can buy them.

They were $125. a while back, don't know if they went up recently.

Goodluck,

Ron.

KYBlueOval

Zapato and SkylinerRon..........the price for both kits is $200.00. With Concourse saying their kit fits a Ranchero, and Carpenter saying their kit does not. Carpenter could not tell why it would not fit.Concourse said without hesitation.......it fits.
I specifically asked Carpenter if they were the source of the Concourse kit, and Doug at Carpenter said he did not know. I specifically asked Jay at Concourse if the Concourse kit was in fact , the Carpenter Kit. He said no they made their own parts and kits.I believe them based on the individual parts being available at Concourse and not through Carpenter. Having said that, logic says to me, that it is not logical, that both companies would tool up to produce these various and sundry parts and pieces for these kits. The market is just not that big.
I would never buy all the parts needed for such a body kit on a piece by piece basis as Ron stated, as the sum of the parts would be greater than the price of the kit. But I really do like the availability of the individual pieces being available, as I've been know to misplace parts or even unintentionally damage parts from a kit during installation. I've been called "Mr. Too Tight!"
Ron, my guesstimate as to the difference in the two kits is the pieces used at the tailgate area on Rancheros and Wagons. Just a guess.
I will order the Concourse Kit shortly and let the Forum know what I get.
John

RICH MUISE

Ron...you must have bought yours a long time ago....they were at 200 when I got mine 6 ish years ago.
John...thanks for the info...it'll be interesting to see if Concours' pieces are in DC packaging when they arrive. I'm with you...doesn't seem rational, and also if I remember correctly, when I got mine (years ago) from Concourse, they were a DC product.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

Rich and John,  The kits were $125. when they came out.
I got mine free from Dennis Sr for giving him the original NOS parts to repro.
Started going to Carlisle and Hershey meets in the early 80's and bought every NOS 57 and
61 Ford part I could find. (Have a 61 Starliner also).

It was about 10 years I waited for them to be finished and then I found out that
Skyliner mounts are different! Doh! Spent a long time with my nose in my old parts books
to find the correct info on them.

I'd bet Concourse is just braking down kits to sell indiv pieces like the guys who sell Craftsman
sockets at flea markets by buying the 200 piece sets on sale and braking them down.
I once got 2 brand new Craftsman carrying cases free from one of the vendors who was
throwing them away.

Goodluck and let us know what you find out.

Ron.

KYBlueOval

Ron, I ordered the Kit yesterday from Concourse. I'll be back with an update when it arrives.Thanks for all of your input and knowledge sharing. I for one really appreciate it, as it makes my learning curve so much less painful.
John

SkylinerRon

Just one of the few advantages of being old and retaining a little of my memory LOL!

Thanks,

Ron.