News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

March Newsletter...sorry late.

Started by JPotter57, 2008-04-02 17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

http://www.57fordsforever.com/mags/mar2008.pdf
I already have the April issue in the works, so it should be up by 15 April 2008...Thanks for your patience...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wolfpupsdad

just finished reading march issue and i must say," another superb job" mybe some day i'll see my 57 on the pages, lol.

57tudor

James.

Great job with the newsletter, thanks for putting my writeup in it. Your new project car reminds me of the good old days, I love projects like that. Needless to say, I can't wait to see your project progress from month to month. Bob & I are installing his ABS Brake Kit in his 57 now. I just finished fabricating the pump mount for him today, very similar to my mount. We got the new master cylinder in last Friday.

Rick.
57 Tudor

57AGIN

James:

Once again, GREAT Newsletter!!!  Referring to pages 19 - 22, I'll try to give you the info regarding the owners of the 57's showing at the Labor Day Cruise.  This was a really fun event and our 57 FORDS were given special parking privileges inside a breezeway.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to make contact with all of the 57 owners bringing their cars to the show so some of the pictures will not have owner information provided.

On page 19, the yellow & white Fairlane 500 belongs to Bob & Beverly Benter.  Bob is a Lucas Oil dealer/distributor and this blown dual carburetor Y-block powered Fairlane has been featured in recent Lucas Oil advertising and was seen in a commercial shown during the Super Bowl several years ago.  They show at many of the Southern California events that don't conflict with his Lucas Oil business, fun couple and great people.  Page 20 top right picture, Tom Chronister is waking up his Fairlane 500.  Tom is a member of a number of car clubs (mostly Ford) and introduced Rick and me to the Ford Car Club Council that puts on the Knott's show.  He primarily shows his 57 locally, but he also has a tricked out Van that wins many trophies.  He's a past president of the Southern California Galaxie Club and an all around neat guy.  Page 20 (middle) I believe this flamed Custom belongs to Dick Midkiff, it is 427 powered.  Page 20, bottom of the page, this fine Ranchwagon belongs to Jeff Styles, whose business happens to be Styles Pinstriping.  He does pinstriping at some of the car shows, he also specializes if painting flames, as you can see from the Rat Fink statue he's somewhat partial to the rat rod.  Nice guy.  I may have him do a little work on my 57 sometime this year.  The twin turbo 57 Custom was driven to the show from Arizona, I never made contact with the owner.  Rick and I spent a bit of time checking this neat 57 out.  Hope the above helps. 

Below are some shots of the individual 57's featured in the breezeway that weren't in the shots on page 19 & 20.  Chick Chicoine's (original owner) Fairlane 500, Gary & Arlynn Robinson's Custom 300 4-door, and Tom & Roselle Bailey's Fairlane 500.  Ron Shopratwoody Woodside's Ranchero was also in the Breezeway, but I never got a picture of it.  We all had a great couple of days at this fun show and the open header cruisin was also a blast (pun intended).

Bob
57AGIN

shopratwoody

James,
Nice job as usual on the Newsletter. I like your project car. If I was a little younger
I would get a doorpost 57 and go back Drag Racing. My all time favorite was
Pete Marcus's SHOWDOWN. He was running lo 8's back around 1990.(on the motor).
I've heard the car is somewhere in the northwest now. Pete passed a few yrs ago.
Just for the record, my 57 was running 11:60's not 11:20's. I must have typed it wrong.
It weighed 3875 at the time.
Thanks, Ron :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

mrocketscience

I too liked the SHOWDOWN 57, wondered what ever happened to it....

squirrely

Thanks for all your effort with the news letter,it makes a person fill like getting out in the shop and doing somthing even if its wrong. It sure makes me get fired up, its been such a long dreary winter here in n.e. nebraska. Im headed for the shop, thanks again..............................darrell

Marc

James, the newsletter looks great! Makes me want to start wrenching on the old wreck.