News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'Certain' Gasser 57 4 sale

Started by djfordmanjack, 2015-11-02 14:33

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiball3985

What would make that happen  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lou

I'm not a fan of hot rodded 57s but the metal work on this car is out of this world, I really love the rear wheel opening.

Ecode70D

It's sad to think that for unknown reasons sometimes people just have to part with their toys.   

djfordmanjack

You're right Jay. yet it's hard to understand that such a beautiful car built with that passion would be sold. I hope it goes to a good new owner and HRD can do what he needs to do.

hotroddonnie

All good guys! I'm not dying or getting a divorce, just a  change of plans in the near future, it may not even sell and that's not a bad thing! HRD 

RICH MUISE

That's good to hear Donny....I was worried about you for a while there!!
I know guys fall into two catagories on this (unless you're a gazillionaire)...it's either about the build or about the drive, and not always both, so I can understand particularly the younger guys wanting to move on to the next challenge, and most needing the $ that the finished one will provide to start the next.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Good to hear that everything is ok with you Donnie, still I am a bit in shock since I saw your car on ebay. Of course it's your decision.

JPotter57

Some guys enjoy the build more than the car.  Nothing wrong with that.  I know when I get mine running, I will drive the wheels off of it.  Been waiting a long time for a 427 powered anything, and now that I have one for my favorite car, it's given me the motivation to get going on it.  If the car ever goes, it will be powered by a 390 when it leaves, the 427 will stay with me for other projects.  However, I've already frittered away one cool 57, this one isn't going anywhere.  Been cranking on it for over 8 years now..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hiball3985

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2015-11-06 10:21
Some guys enjoy the build more than the car.  Nothing wrong with that.  I know when I get mine running, I will drive the wheels off of it.  Been waiting a long time for a 427 powered anything, and now that I have one for my favorite car, it's given me the motivation to get going on it.  If the car ever goes, it will be powered by a 390 when it leaves, the 427 will stay with me for other projects.  However, I've already frittered away one cool 57, this one isn't going anywhere.  Been cranking on it for over 8 years now..
I think you are just doing this to make the rest of us drool  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Two years ago we purchased a small hobby farm and plan on moving there in a couple of years, small problem is the road to the left or right isn't the greatest, a good 10km either way to the main roads, that is why my car is up for sale. If it doesn't sell ill take it with me, this could be the making of a future barn find. I plan on turning one of the out buildings into a heated shop and will keep playing, I'll just build cars that can handle a little road rash. HRD 

Zapato

HRD, looks like you're in the last of 3 stages of a car build. First 2 (blood and sweat) produced one of the sweetest 57 gassers ever. And we all were excited with every post shared. Now its Tears as it might leave. Do what's best for you and your family and no one on this site will find fault with that decision. Whatever happens am hoping you will stick around.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Thanks Zap. I was waiting for your post and thought that you would respond as you did. I dont plan on getting away from 57s even if I just keep my extra hood hinges and some trim pieces! HRD