News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

the saga of the edsel

Started by bogey, 2008-04-13 23:18

Previous topic - Next topic

bogey

:deadhorse:well its been sitting since 93 and the lug nuts have not cracked a smile in all that time,wore me out and most of a tall can of liquid wrench.put a spare wheel on it and it promptly went flat and stayed that way got the wheels off left the tree in the grill and the front bumper that grew into the tree is still there stuck in the tree,got some phone pics.ever figure out how to get them to this site will do so.fella that owns the car went home pulled  some wheels off his 58 ford to tow with it.guess what ??? wheels dont fit,he and i were suprised by that for sure since the car has a 58ford passenger door and looks like stock edsel you wouldve thought the wheels might fit,this turned out like i predicted to myself in my saner moments,,the score was edsel one buyer zero,goona need a rollback wrecker car has a 400 motor and trans,missing radiator has push button shifter in steering wheel  its got power steering and the hyd vacumn boost brakes reg door regulators good back glass,same as ford?? took one of the wheels home and goona compare it to my 57ford 300 use my spare and wheel that came off car with another tire on it,this aint a hobby this is real workkkkkkk wish me luck and tell me what wheel will work if mine wont i ever get it home some of us should have some parts that we need. thanks from ft worth tx   

shopratwoody

Just a guess. Mercs were 5 on 5 in 55 or so. So were Olds and Buicks.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!