News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Please keep your fingers crossed guys!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-11-16 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

Here is a photo of a twister this spring that I took with my phone while standing on my back porch.  My son that lives in Moore, OK. told me it was a cute little one.  Everything is relative I guess.
1957 Skyliner

BBoswell

Good to hear you weathered the storm. Man that brings back memories of growing up in the area (Earth, Texas). My brother and his grown children live in Oklahoma City which isn't much different and I'm always on pens and needles for him and his family during storms.

RICH MUISE

"A cute little one"......that's funny....but compared to the one that went thru Moore a few years ago, yup.
Earth, Texas...neighbors acrooss the street are from earth, or have relatives there.  Seems like I ran into a guy on the Hamb a few years ago that was from that area (also moved away)....use to belong to a car club out of Canyon he was looking for info on.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BBoswell

It is a small world. I would say ask your neighbors if they know me, but I've been gone from Earth almost 50 years now so I'm guessing the chances are pretty slim unless they are senior folk.

RICH MUISE

My car is still outside. I haven't received the fittings from Pure Choice yet. They're normally pretty quick getting things out, but I noticed the $ wasn't deducted from my debit card until Friday, so I'm guessing maybe they were out of stock and had to run some.
I did get my garage door widened almost 2 feet, so maybe I can get the car back in there without destroying the rest of it.

57 imposter

Rich.....Looks like your online      sending a PM

RICH MUISE

OK...fittings came in, got all the leaks fixed...at least at the master cylinder. I still need to bleed the brakes to get my brakes working again. I had hoped I had enough brake that I could manuver it back into the garage, but I don't. Bleeding those was a many hour project the first time around. We have a storm coming in Thursday night, so I've got some time to get it done, otherwise I'll call the nephews and their friends over.

57 imposter

Don't understand why these things seem so hard to bleed. never have had a problem with another car. I have vacuumed this system twice and about three power bleeds and still don't have a good pedal..I took off the lines at M.C. plugged the ports and got a rock solid pedal so there is some air hung up somewhere. I'll have another go at it when I get it back on a hoist. Hope you have better luck with yours this time.

RICH MUISE

I'm chaulking my previous bleed problems up to inexperience, with a little added frustration added in by the Master on the hydroboost. The master has 2 bleed valves on it, I think because of what I read somewhere that my master can't be bench bled. I probably went master to right to left a dozen times, I finally got a reasonably good pedal, although I don't think I ever got all the air out...just minimized it. I'm power bleeding as well..HF unit, but seems to work well....just not on my system.

RICH MUISE

Got the fitting replaced and the brake lines bleed...no issues this time. The car is tucked back in the garage....after a few trips around the old 66 neighborhood a few days ago. Now back to my build thread.
PS..widened my garage door by 22"...no problems with that now.