News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hello from the Home of the Hamburger, WI

Started by topdeadcenter, 2015-12-05 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic

topdeadcenter

Hello everyone,

Just making my first of probably many posts as I attempt to build a 1957 Ranchero for my dad out of a pile of parts.

So my first question is really a lazy question.  What is the overall length and width of a 57 Ranchero?  I could go out and measure, but my couch is so much warmer  :002:   My dad is going to be adding onto his garage to house this thing when we get done with it. (He has plenty of time!)

The plan is to resto-mod/street rod it a bit.  351W, AOD, disc brakes, A/C, the usual.

I will be slowly posting progress on a blog.  This is mostly so my dad can follow along with anything I am doing, but feel free to check it out too.  topdeadcenter57.tumblr.com

By the way, I have a day job that eats my time, life, and soul... so progress will be slow.  Trust me.  Very slow.

That is about it.  I look forward to getting to know you guys over the next few years.

Mike
~The Throw-Outs C.C.~
           N.E. WI

1957 Ranchero (Basket Case)
1959 Thunderbird (Restored)
1954 Ford Customline (Mild 50's custom)

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site Mike.    You will get a lot of help and information here.  Whatever you think of doing with that Ranchero, someone on this site has done it.  There is lots of knowledge here and the guys share it.
     We also like pictures so don't be afraid to post some more of the car.
Jay   

RICH MUISE

As Jay said welcome to the site, and thanks for the introduction. Sounds like your Dad does not live near you?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

When I get my lazy a$$ out to the garage this morning, it's 5:20 here, I'll get you a measurement from mine.. Welcome aboard..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard!  Nice looking start to the project.  Don't be afraid to ask ANY question here, we don't judge (well might if you try to put something other then a Ford under the hood!) and love to see pictures.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Quote from: topdeadcenter on 2015-12-05 18:52
Hello everyone,

So my first question is really a lazy question.  What is the overall length and width of a 57 Ranchero?  I could go out and measure, but my couch is so much warmer  :002:   My dad is going to be adding onto his garage to house this thing when we get done with it. (He has plenty of time!)

Mike
I got 203" L from bumper guards X 72" W edge to edge on the bumpers.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. HRD

lalessi1

Welcome from Louisiana!!! The allknowing internet says 77" (mirrors???) wide, 203.5" long, (for a Del Rio...probably close).
Lynn

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2015-12-06 13:29
Welcome from Louisiana!!! The allknowing internet says 77" (mirrors???) wide, 203.5" long, (for a Del Rio...probably close).
I didn't even think about mirrors as mine aren't stock. 203.5", they have a bigger micrometer then mine  :003: and my tape measure hasn't be calibrated in years..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

topdeadcenter

Thanks everyone!  I just realized that I didn't have the notifications set up correctly, so I didn't realize there were any responses.

Rich: My dad is semi-retired and lives about 3 hours away.

Thanks Jim and Lynn!  I was actually less lazy than I thought, and went out there to get pretty much the same measurements.  Of course I had to guess since the basket case doesn't have a front clip on it.  I was pretty close though.  BTW, I didn't think of the mirrors either!  LOL.  I did tip of the fin to tip of the fin and got 70" so I rounded up to 72".  I will have to let him know it will be just a bit wider.

I have to give a shout out to Hot Rod Donnie for taking the time to help me get registered.  It seems that my registration got lost in the interwebs.  I contacted HRD on the HAMB since I am an old school lurker over there too and asked him to see if he could get an Admin to register me.  Being the solid guy that he is, he took the time out of his day to send a note.  Now I am official.

Thanks again!  This is going to be an adventure!
~The Throw-Outs C.C.~
           N.E. WI

1957 Ranchero (Basket Case)
1959 Thunderbird (Restored)
1954 Ford Customline (Mild 50's custom)

Zapato

Heck yes ! HRD welcomed you already so you must be golden, or at the very least feel it. So we'll welcome you from the very soggy PNW.

Zap :unitedstates: 
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72