News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Auto City Classic Radiator

Started by meteor, 2015-12-31 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

Hey Guys, I found an old thread (2012) about the Auto City Classic rads, seemed like quite a few guys bought them. Looking to get one, has anyone had any issues with them?

thanks
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

RICH MUISE

Mine's been fine so far, but less than an hour run time. I'd suggest Verifying the position of the inlet and outlet...I do believe the pics are wrong for the 6 cyl. version.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rar1947

I bought one from them about a year and a half ago when I swapped my straight 6 for an FE in my '58 and the filler neck was too tall and would let the hood fit. Internet research told me a handful of others had similar issues. Their business is only 40 minutes from me and was able to return it. I told them the issues and the forums where people were complaining about it but not sure they changed the design. Good luck.

RICH MUISE

My height was very tight, but in my case it was mainly because I also moved my radiator forward about 1 1/8. I also ground away most of the rib that runs along the center of the core support and slotted the holes in the mounting flanges so I could drop it as far as posible. I know some guys have altered the filler neck height a little with a 2 x 4 and a hammer, but they were also guys that were moving it forward as well to gain more fan room.
a pic....
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe