I need advise on a 5.8 Liter, 351 Motor and AODE Transmission Combination

Started by KYBlueOval, 2016-03-09 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2016-03-15 10:09
...while I can appreciate that, I still love old horsepower. No substitute for cubic inches!

I'm very fond of "new horsepower", with EFI my Shelby makes 502 rear wheel horsepower.  The car gets 19 - 20 MPG at 70 - 75 MPH, will idle in traffic jams all day with the A/C on, and starts the first try every time.  It ran around Talledega effortlessly at 125, made a fast run to the top of Pikes Peak without missing a beat.....just don't get much better then that for a street car!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 imposter

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2016-03-15 10:09
OK! :003: I had a 1976 260Z with carburetors and a '78 280Z with EFI...no comparison period. The EFI was better in everyway. I would really love to put an aftermarket EFI setup on my FE....so there...

I guess it is all about the myriad of sensors, miles of wiring, complexity, long term parts availability, etc. of the older factory stuff. In my mind all the factory systems were necessary to meet emission requirements and that was the primary design parameter. Performance has had a resurgence in the past decade or so and engineers take advantage of complex designs to optimize all engine functions...while I can appreciate that, I still love old horsepower. No substitute for cubic inches! :002:
Al..google FITECH they have introduced a system for every man so simply to install that it can be done by someone who has never even seen EFI. You can get massive HP out of the system and it will bolt on to ant square bore manifold. we have put on four of these and sold three or four more. no problems or complaints. they are about half the cost of a Fast system and work way better. we just pulled a new fast off of a 472 Cad and replaced it with one of these.

billd5string

FITECH - so you have had good experiences with these units? That is wonderful news! I was looking at these, they look like they are around $1000 and another $250 for the fuel pump kit (summit prices). Is there anything else needed like exhaust sensor? 

I am thinking a 351 roller crate motor, topped with one of these units and backed by an AOD and I can have my 57 running with 400 plus reliable horsepower with decent fuel mileage. Cool!
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

lalessi1

Lynn

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2016-03-16 00:50
That $1000 Lincoln sounds like a deal.
How much is it to replace all the timing chains and guides?

Ron.
i spent about $200 in parts,did the install myself

dgasman

I have the Fitech on my ranchero and it runs really great . A very easy install and setup . I bought it because I am tired of rebuilding the carb because of our crappy gas in Cali and the heat soak on a restart after running . This system starts right up after a heat soak. You have to love efi just for that. I think it's one of the best buys for a complete efi system .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman